Pages

Sunday, 30 March 2008

Anyone like doodles?

BEAUTIFUL, sunny day in England today! I hope it continues, but doubt it somehow! We had a drama today though - we went walking along the tow path of the river a couple of miles from where we live. Lily is a brilliant swimmer and dived straight into the water and swam out into the middle of the river after a stick and was having a great time! Well, we walked a little way further and then realised she wasn't following. I called her and she still didn't come (which is strange), so we walked back and she was in the river next to a bank that she just couldn't pull herself up onto. So, Rob climbed down to pull her out, which he did, but in the meantime, Pompey had decided to help in the rescue attempt and managed to fall in too!! So, I grabbed a stick for him to clamp his teeth to so we could pull him out (he weighs about 6 stone!) and whilst we tried this, Lily jumped in again!! While pulling Lily out (again), Rob fell in!!! Although it was stressful at the time, I am laughing whilst I type this!! LOL! So, Rob lifted Pompey out, and while he was trying to get Lily, Pompey fell in again!!! Can you imagine? He lifted Lily out and I tied her to a tree while he lifted Pompey out and I tied him to a tree! Now, how does Rob get out? Well, it was a sight for anyone watching! I am a real girl and had my VERY impractical pink wellies on which made me slip and slide around and nearly fall in myself! Eventually, he managed to get out and had to pour the water out of his wellies and walk around to dry off! What a morning! Only in my life could this happen. I am exhausted now - the whole process was about half an hour and VERY draining, but VERY funny when I think back to it!

Back to business, I am really excited about my new kit "Doodle-iscious" - it is colourful and really fun (I think)! I had great fun making it using my graphics tablet - how did I ever manage before I had it? And, as I said before, I've made some brushes of the doodles to match - I amaze myself with my technological advances since I started designing! I would love to hear your comments on this one - I feel like I am improving in my work, but it's nice to know what all my lovely blogettes think! Grab the patterned papers for Doodle-iscious here.

23 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness, what a funny story. I can just picture it! Thanks for the laugh this morning!

annie (singapore) said...

already loving the colors of doodle-iscious! can't wait for the rest! keep up the good work & thanx again for all your wonderful kits!

jaye said...

Love Love Love the colours!
What an adventure! I can imagine how scary that was at the time and how funny it is in the aftermath once you know everyone is safe. Gotta love those labs!

makeyesup said...

Wow, these are pretty.. Thanks a bunch and thanks for the laugh today. It must have really been funny to have dogs and men keep falling in the water. Good thing you didn't fall in too.

Susie2shoes said...

This is really great, I love doodles - thanks so much.

I loved you blog today, made me smile. Was waiting for you to type that you'd tied Rob to the tree! What a morning you had, I raked leaves boooooring :(

Have a greate, creative week
~*~

Scrapping Mom of 5 said...

Oh my goodness it sounds like you had quite an adventure. Love the new kit as well. I would so like a tablet. I'm already dropping hints for next Christmas.

KrisG said...

Oh wow! Another delicious kit!!! These papers are so fun and gorgeous.... love your doodles!!! Thank you so much!

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

TY so very much for htse GRAND BG's!!!!!

Terebene said...

Glad the doggies (and Rob) are OK. What a hilarious thing, in retrospect. Thanks for the new papers - they are great!

Jody said...

I love it- such a great idea.

Lindsey said...

LOVE THE PAPERS! And your story about this morning is hillarious. That must have been a sight to see.

Erika said...

Vicki what a shame you didn't have the video camera, Funniest Home Videos would have loved your morning.
Love the doodles - are you using a tablet ? I am after ideas because I am getting one end of the week for an early Mother's Day gift.

Hugs from Australia (I am down in our nations capital today dealing with very Yes-Minister type public servants !)

Erika

Maria said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today.

Linda P. said...

Oh Vicki!!! What a hilarious story!... AFTER the fact!!! So glad all turned out well, if wet, for everyone. LOVE the doodles!!! YAY!!! Such fun to watch your progress and growth, you are doing such a magnificent job of it all. So happy that you have a tablet now and have expanded your creativity even further with it, these are GREAT!!! You're so talented. What a fun kit this is going to be, bright cheery colors and delightful doodles!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, but I couldn't help but laugh as I read your story. The images in my mind were awesome. Thank you for the wonderful laugh.

These colors and doodles are amazing. You are definitely advancing in your designs. I always look forward to checking your blog for your new creations and to read your ever-so down to earth writings. Thank you!!

Shari
(Shari82199@sbcglobal.net)

ccynden said...

Your adventure was hilarious, and it would make for a good comedy script. Glad everyone made it out safely. Thank you for the lovely doodle papers.

verabear said...

That's really a hilarious story! I can actually imagine myself and my guy in similar funny situations, but only because we sometimes like making fun of ourselves. heheh. thanks for sharing and thanks for the papers :)

Shel said...

Love your doodles! Thanks for the great freebie!

schmittfamily4 said...

These are great, thank you SO much for sharing them, I love it!

Nic said...

Thanks for sharing. Fabulous designs. Love the colour way you've used. I appreciate your generosity.

Jorge said...

hi, I can't get the patterned papers, any help?

Anonymous said...

Hi!
how could I get this patterned?!
I love it!

Vicki said...

Sorry - it's not available anymore - the kit is retired.

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking....!

Designs