Pages

Monday, 7 April 2008

Exciting news and the second instalment of "Springtime"

Well, as the title of this blog entry implies, I have exciting news for you today! I received an email yesterday from the editor at Scrap N' Art eZine which is a new digital publication on scrapbooking and paper crafting. They would like to feature me in their second issue (July/August) as an up and coming designer in digital scrapbooking!! How exciting is that? There will be an article written about me and my work with a showcase of projects made using my freebies! I am very, very excited to be involved with this new eZine and will be making a freebie kit that will be available exclusively to readers of Scrap N' Art. The first issue is available on April 15th, but you need to sign up in order to receive it (it is free!). Go here and do that so that you don't miss any issues! The first issue is more focused on paper scrapbooking, but in the second issue there will be a focus on digital scrapbooking too. I do paper scrapbooking as well as digital, so it's still very relevant to me, and I'm sure the same will apply to many of you. At the moment you can download a preview of the first few pages of the eZine - so be sure to check that out - it looks GREAT! Each subscriber will be entered into a draw to win hundreds of dollars of products from various scrapbooking manufacturers, so an added incentive I think ;o)

Well, back to today's freebie and I have the plain papers that you saw in yesterday's preview which you can download here. The elements are coming along nicely and the first set will be ready for you tomorrow. See you then! See below for a layout I've done today.


Also, a quick layout I did of a photo of myself, Tina and Jenny at Tina's wedding on Saturday. The items aren't from a kit, I just sampled the colours and made a few items for the page. I think the colours really make the photo pop! Hope you like it!

16 comments:

Melissa said...

Congratulations on being featured as an up-and-coming new artist in the digi-world! That's awesome! Of course, I thought you were great when I found you in 'Pompey'!
:o)
And thank you for the pretty Springtime papers!

Linda P. said...

Congratulations! That's wonderful and so deserved, you are a fantastic new designer with great and unique ideas! Not the least of which is this gorgeous grungy Springtime. Thank you for more beautiful papers! And your layout is very striking. Beautiful! You did a wonderful job on it, thank you for sharing it with us.

Michelle said...

Congratulations! Well deserved, I must say. I've only been checking in on your blog for a couple of weeks, but I still feel like "I knew you when..."! Thanks for the beautiful freebies, once again!

secondhandangel said...

Wow! Congratulations Vickie!! That is awesome news, very well deserved! I'm going to go sign up for the ezine so I don't miss you in it!

Terebene said...

Wow - congratulations! You deserve it, your work is awesome! Off to sign up for the mag.

jaye said...

Big congrats to you on your latest accomplishment. It's wonderful to see you recognized for you talent.

Erika said...

Vicki, congratulations !! That is well deserved and a recognition of all your hard work. Gosh your head must just be spinning LOL. I hope you had a glass of wine to celebrate. The layout is lovely, as are the the beautiful papers.
Congrats - see good karma does come around !!
Hugs from Brissie,
Erika

ccynden said...

Congratulations, we are very proud of you. Also thank you for the Springtime papers.

KrisG said...

WOOHOO!!! I'm sooo excited for you!!! And I knew you were that good!! I can't wait to read the issue... I just HAD to subscribe!!

And thank you soooo much for another set of awesome papers!!! I'm really loving this style!!

verabear said...

Congratulations! YOu are really an up and coming designer :) I am looking forward to reading that bit about you in the ezine :)

thanks for the papers too :)

Maria said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today.

Susie2shoes said...

Congratulations on the news that you are to be featured in Scrap N' Art eZine, I'm thrilled for you, how cool is that!

This kit looks as if it going to be a favourite with me. I loved your Doodle-iscious kit, but this one look sort of romantic! Thanks for sharing.
Big hugs
~0~

Rach said...

VICKI!!! WOW!!!! How utterly cool is that! I am so proud of you! And to think I was here for the first kit released! LOL

Gives me chills! Ata-girl!

Scrapping Mom of 5 said...

Wow how exciting I'll have to check it out.

Hifam said...

Hooray for you! I love checking your site every day. Thanks for sharing your talent.

Jody

chelle said...

Congrats on your good news!

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking....!

Designs