Pages

Monday, 28 April 2008

I'm back, I'm back!!

Did you miss me?? LOL! I can't believe how lost I felt without internet! Hubby didn't notice a difference though, because I still spent a lot of time (when we weren't walking on the beach) on the laptop! Because we went mainly for the dogs to have a good holiday, we stayed in during the evening rather than go out. Pompey and Lily loved it and are exercised to the limit!! I did loads of scrapping and some designing. I have some great photos of Pompey and Lily - I can't show you some of the pages I've done, because they use my beachy kit which I am doing exclusively for readers of Scrap n' Art eZine, but I will post them when the kit is released.

We had a wonderful break and I feel very much relaxed - I even caught a little bit of sun on my face, so I'm looking and feeling healthy! I love that I am caught up on some scrapping and I will post a couple of layouts using my kits in my photobucket album later for you to see if you're interested!! There is a layout in my previous post using Fizzy Pop - I think it has become one of the favourites of my kits!

I have read through all of my 104 emails - well, most of them as some were offering me various special deals on things that I am never going to want or need!! Does anyone ever read those emails? I guess it doesn't cost much for the company to send them, so even if only one person responds, they are making money!! I still won't be reading them though!

My latest kit - Dandelion Dream - was inspired by a photograph that I have of my closest girlfriends and me at my best friend's wedding. We are all wearing different colours and it was a difficult one to scrap, but I love the photo. So, I thought I would put together a palette that included black and white and use the photo in that way. I think it works really well (incidentally, the deep red matches my dress!). I used the sticky alpha that I gave you a few days ago (still available on my blog if you missed it) - I think it works really well with the kit, and I wasn't going to do an alpha for this kit, but I have been asked for an alpha the same as the fizzy pop, but in black and white, so your wish is my command! They will be ready in a couple of days. I have also been asked for a blue one..... I will have to see about that.... ;o) Also, someone asked about having the bubbles that are on the preview. The best way to get those is to visit Obsidian Dawn - it is one of her brushes in the "water" set. She also has png files of the brushes for those that prefer!

You can get the papers for Dandelion Dream by clicking the image below (last time I put two images in my post, Lily ended up being on DigiFree, so I will learn from that and link the picture!) and the elements will follow tomorrow and I will also show you some more layouts that I have been sent. TTFN.

16 comments:

FreebieFinder said...

Thank you, this freebie will be posted today on Freebie Finder.

Emily,

Scrapping Mom of 5 said...

Glad you had a great trip. Just got the last of fizzy pop and these new papers as well. Thanks

Shel said...

Glad you had a great trip. Beautiful paper. Thanks for sharing!

Emmy said...

Thanks for the beautiful paper. Lucky girl going to the beach, we live 5 minutes from the beach but there are suppose to be snow flurries today. Will summer ever come?

jenlarcher said...

Vicki,

glad you had a great time...I just got the last part to fizzy pop and I think it's my favorite kit. Thank you so much for all your amazing work. The news papers also look great!

Mrs. Mordecai said...

What a beautiful kit! It always hurts me to dig dandelions out of the lawn--they're so pretty. Thanks, I can't wait to use it!

Erika said...

Good to see you home safely ! What can I say about the new kit - my FAVOURITE things dandelions, I love Obsidian Dawn's brush set, and I even named our son's tooth fairy Dandelion. You are getting the same emails as me, we could use all this "money" and meet up for a scrapping week in the Maldives LOL. Love your tag, I am still trying to get 10 reasons for mine from last week - I am stuck at around 7 they are all repetitive after that. Can't wait to see your beach kit - so this weekend away was for "research" LOL.
Big hugs,
Erika

KrisG said...

LOL... it looks like digifree found you after all... your LiveFeed shows four of the last ten visitors were from there, haha. Sorry but you can't get around it, I guess!!! I know, not funny... it's just that you tried so hard. Hmmm... not laughing :::said with an almost straight face:::

WELCOME HOME!!! It sounds like your babies had a wonderful trip. I can't wait til I can have the wind in my hair and the sun in my face without freezing to death! It'll be nice when spring FEELS like spring around here (we have a freeze warning tonight). I'm glad you're back though... it's odd getting an automated blog post, LOL. I don't know how you do it!

LOVE your LO... cheezy grins and all! I almost used the Fizzy Pop kit with my last LO but thought the colors would really clash with the green in my "new" daughter's shirt, haha.

And a NEW kit? WOW, you were busy while away!!! It looks fabulous as usual and will be back daily (of course) to see what goodies you have next. You make such fabulous creations!

Okay, you tagged me... brat (just kidding). I guess I'll have to come up with a few facts now, huh? Can I tag you back again?? HEHEHE... snicker snicker. HUGS!!!

jaye said...

Vicki,
Glad to hear you had a great and are feeling refreshed.
I just downloaded the last part to Fizzy Pop and the papers for the new kit. You amaze me, your first kit was fabulous and now look at you! Wonderful stuff.

Swirly on the tummy huh? Dragonfly, shoulder :)

verabear said...

Thank you Vicki. These look a little different from your usual designs but in a good way. Beautiful :) thank you again!

shawnyrvr said...

104 emails!!!! ugghhhh!!! That's the part I always hate about being gone too! and to answer your question: No, I don't read those where they try to sell you something you don't need.

I am so excited about this kit I really like the B&W papers in it too!!! Thank you for adding them!!! I look forward to the alphas... and thanks for the hint about obsidawn and the bubble brush. I had that one so I can make them too hopefully lol.

Glad your all back home safe and getting back into the groove.

Blessings!
Shawna

Maria said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today.

ccynden said...

Thank you for the beautiful papers.

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

Boy am I sure glad that I went to my folder & found out that I didn't have these AWESOME BGs!!!!
TY so ever much!!!!!!

miyon said...

Oh my goodness, these papers are so beautiful. Thank you!

Nic said...

Thanks for sharing. Fabulous designs. I appreciate your generosity.

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking....!

Designs