Pages

Sunday, 13 April 2008

Running for Cancer

Just a quick post before I post my elements later - Joanne shared a layout with me which I definitely want to show you all. It's from her "Run for the Cure". It struck a chord with me because my Mum had non-hodgkins lymphoma which required chemotherapy and she has now been in remission for 5 years this week. I am grateful every day that there are people who constantly strive to find cures for these illnesses and anything we do to help with that is amazing! So, well done Joanne - you are AMAZING! Check out Joanne's layout and blog here and don't forget to leave her some love for all that she has done to help my Mum and others like her. x

3 comments:

jaye said...

Thanks Vicki for the comment and awareness. Here in Canada we call it Relay for Life which encompasses ALL cancers. Our event will take place in June and I'll be there again this year. Send me your moms name and I will light an 'in honour of' luminary for her and send you the pic. Run for the Cure and Taking Steps are specifically for breast cancer which of course is my biggest passion.

Anonymous said...

My MIL has also gone through chemo for Non-Hodgkins lymphoma. It's been a a great learning experience for my girls and has given us the opportunity to teach them about these illnesses and doing something to help. We had them pariticipate in the Relay for Life and decorate a bag for her. So far she is good, Prais God!!

shari

KrisG said...

Beautiful LO... and I'll be heading to Joanne's blog next. Thank you for sharing. My sister died 1-1/2 years ago from cancer and now I have taken up "running".

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking....!

Designs