Pages

Saturday, 3 May 2008

About A Boy elements on NSD!

Happy National Scrapbooking Day!! I think it only applies to the US, but I'll embrace it in England as I think it should be International Scrapbooking Day - why should you have all the fun over the pond? LOL! I want to give you a task for today to celebrate - link to one of my blog reader's blogs (list down on the left-hand side) and have a look at their blog and leave some love! Tell them I sent you - let's all read a new blog today! There are some great blogs out there that should be seen! I'll pick out a few because I don't have time to highlight them all... Firstly, look at Mrs Mordecai's blog - she has been doing a week of no groceries - she's amazing and has great recipes and ideas on her site - a must see. Then there's Erika in Brisbane, Australia - she is giving away freebies and her confidence and ability is growing daily - definitely worth a look! Next we have Joanne who is a breast cancer fighter and a very lovely lady who thinks I am the only one who reads her blog - leave her some love as she's been feeling a little down lately. Then we have KrisG who is a regular reader of my blog - she has recently met up with a daughter who was adopted many years ago and has photos of the reunion - fantastic memories! These are just a handful, but there are many more in that list - go check them out!

I had a bad night last night - I had a migrane which made me throw up! I have maybe had one 10-15 times in my whole life, but when they come, they really do knock me for six! (maybe that's a Brit saying, not sure....!). Anyway, I feel much better this morning after an early night and being woken by a dog nose in my face!! It's a bit scary seeing a furry black face as the first thing when you open your eyes!! LOL!

We had a fantastic walk this morning until Pompey decided to get in the river again at a place where he couldn't get out!! Hubby is away, so I knew I would have to get him out by myself. You would be so proud - I managed to do it without falling in!! Girls ARE more practical than boys - it's official!!

So, back to business - here are the elements for "About A Boy" (kit now retired) - it seems this kit is very popular - more than 500 people have downloaded it already! WOW! Thank you all for your lovely comments, but I am a bit worried when you say that each kit is better than the last - this can't go on forever, can it? I may have to level out at some point LOL! Any suggestions for a new kit? I've started the next one already, but the following kit idea is all yours - what colours do you like, what do you want to see included - any elements in particular? Leave a comment on my blog rather than 4shared on this as it will be easier for me to keep track of them.... After that I may do a challenge of some sort and the winner gets to have a mini kit of their choosing - perhaps based on a favourite photo they have - what do you think about that? Enough rambling for those that got this far - I'm gone!! ;o)

46 comments:

Erika said...

Vicki I totally LOVE this kit. Fizzy Pop was my new favourite but now this is my new new favourite. Although dandelion tugged at the heart strings because that is my favourite brush set. Glad you are over your migraine. Take it easy. Can't wait to see the alphas !
Big hugs,
Erika

Erika said...

PS LOL - is this a Nick Hornby reference ?? Does this mean we will see a High Fidelity music themed kit LOL.

Mom2Max&Alex said...

I have two boys so this kit couldn't be more perfect!! I love all of the work you've done, but I think this is my favorite.

Thanks for all of your hard work!!

Raina said...

Ok, this is my absolute favorite by a long shot.
Thank you soooo much. Really I mean it.
Anytime you want to grace us with another boy kit, I'd welcome it.
Or you could keep it going for a few more days. lol!!!

Lunasea said...

Thank you! Great kit!

Scrapping Mom of 5 said...

Great elements.

lorimu said...

I LOVE boy kits! Thanks for all of your work. You do a great job!

Kathleen said...

I am a digital and paper scrapper. One thing that I havent seen a lot in digital is lace cardstock. I have maybe 3 that I have found. Thanks for sharing your talent and know that we really appreciate the work you do.

Amber said...

I love this kit! Thanks for sharing! :)

Stef said...

This is my new favorite kit too! I have two boys as well, so this is absolutely perfect!! I can't wait to start playing around with this! I'm so sorry to hear about your migraine...they can be awful. I hope you're better today and don't get another one anytime soon! Thanks again!

on the dot creations said...

Hi, Vicki. This kit is so fun, colorful, and best of all -- boyish! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Amanda said...

I am so glad I fell upon your blog! You are so talented, and THANK YOU for sharing your talent with us! :D I LOVED the brit pop kit, and now I LOVE this too! Thanks again!

makeyesup said...

Wow, another awesome kit from a super generous woman, thanks for this and all you do. Glad the migraine is gone, they can be so paralyzing when they occur.

Anonymous said...

What beautiful colors and design. This is wonderful. Thanks so much.
mmikes

Melissa said...

Thank you so much for the work you put into this kit! I LOVE it!

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

TY so very much Vicki for the MARVELOUS final part of this GRAND kit!!!!!!!!!!!!
How about a infant kit?
In blues pinks green yellow & lavendar colors [pastels]
HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JanMary said...

Happy NSD. Just found your blog. I am a digi-scrapper in N Ireland, but lived in Bristol for a year about 3 years ago, and still visit friends there - great city!

Thanks for the freebie alpha - just downloaded it.

Joy said...

I LOVE the blue/brown combo, I'm always drawn to brown lately! :) Brown/green, brown/aqua, brown/pink... and so on! I also like your cinnamon toast kit, have to go download it now. :) Thanks so much for this great kit!

Sharon-shutterbug said...

Total AWESOMENESS! Love the colors and the elements - great job - thanks!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!! I love these elements, too! Thank you!
Shannon in Maine

Teresa said...

Love, Love, Love this kit. Thanks so much for your generosity. Just a suggestion but how about a kit with red, white, and blue colors? It doesn't have to be patriotic but those would make fun summer colors.

net said...

thankyou for sharing this great kit with us, I have 2 boys so I love your blue kits, but I still get to play with pink as I have 2 great nieces, you are a very talented lady, and I love reading your blog.

babydoe said...

I LOVE this kit. The colors are marvelous! Thanks so much.

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful! I have boys and can never find enough! Fab to have on NSD sunny1972 uk

vettep said...

Hi, I just wanted to say thank you so much for all of your hard work on all of your kits.

I know how much work you put into doing your kits.

I have been trying to make my own. It takes a lot of time and work.

Keep up the good work.

Thank you
vettep

RealRach said...

Hey Miss Vicki!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for the BOY KIT! Being a mom of 2 boys this one will get lots of use by me! Between this and Pompey, I am happy.

I would love to see something in Orange. I love it. Orange, browns, & Blues maybe?? Good Luck!

Nicole said...

These elements look great! Thank you so much.

sluke00 said...

This kit is awesome! I have a little boy, and it will be perfect for scrapping some of his pictures. I've made it my freebie pick of the day over at My Scrap Shop - http://www.myscrapshop.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=877.
Thanks so much.

RealRach said...

I USED YOUR STUFF AGAIN!!!
Come peek at my blog!
Titled "King of the Jungle"

jenlarcher said...

Vicki,
You out-do yourself everytime. Each new kit becomes my new fav! As for ideas I really like stars and blues...what about Navy blue and turquoise with a little yellow maybe? Just a thought, I was wearing a shirt today that had those colors and I thought that would make a nice kit :)

Vedette said...

Waaahooo!!! Another great kit Vicki! I love it... Can't wait to scrap some pics of my son now. Going to open PSP... Have a great sunday!

Maria said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today.

geordimom said...

I love the colors on this kit. How about a red-based kit? Or a monochromatic one?

Nic said...

Great papers, thank you so much!

Sharon Kay said...

This is a great looking kit... TY very much for sharing it.

I like the idea of the challenge.

Sharon said...

Wow, this is great! Thank you so much!!! Suggestions: kit with orange and green ( my grandson's favorite color is orange) or a soccer kit in maroon and black (his colors). I just want you to know I love all your work. You are very talented and so very generous. I am glad your migraine is eased. They can be very debilitating. Hope it stays away :)

Darlene Currie said...

Absolutely gorgeous. And how thoughtful of you to ask us to visit some of the others blogs. Such unique lives and stories out there and yes, we all need a little love some times! Hope your headache is gone for good!

Cheers,
Darlene

Kimmy said...

Hi I love your kits thank you so much for the downloads. I live in norfolk in england and I celebrated national scrapbooking day with friends at my local crop which I help run. but not digitally though.
Many thanks
Kim

Karen said...

Thank you very much for that great kit. I do not have boys, but two girls, but I absolutely love the color combination and I hope that I'll get to use that kit somehow. Thanks again for your generosity.

Mrs. Mordecai said...

Aww . . . I'm blushing . . . thanks for mentioning me!

Scrapping Mom of 5 said...

Just used your great All About A Boy to complete a layout on my blog. Under withdrawal.

Len said...

Thank you very much!

LInda B said...

Thank you for the elements.

Nic said...

Thanks for sharing your fab work.

Chelsie said...

Thank you so much! this is a wonderful kit! I love it!

Elaine said...

Thank you so much, love this kit, so awesome!!

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking....!

Designs