Pages

Tuesday, 29 July 2008

Earth tones alpha

Sorry about yesterday, I fully intended to come back with the alpha, but things went a bit crazy! Yesterday morning, I noticed ANOTHER tick on Lily, so being the experienced tick remover I am, I got it out - no problem! Felt very proud of my achievement. I took Pompey and Lily out again late morning and then went shopping for the afternoon with my friend. She is leaving for Peru for 14 months, so it was a farewell shopping session :o(. When I got back, I noticed another tick on Lily near her eye! I went for the removal, but as I had just grabbed it, she pulled away and the thing broke!! ARRRRGGHHH!!! So, I had to wait for hubby to get home to help, but it wasn't easy, I can tell you! After half an hour of wriggling, we eventually got it out and we think we got it all - fingers crossed. But then I noticed that the first one I had taken had left a really hard lump (which incidentally is still there). So I was looking on the net for something about that which I didn't find a simple answer to...

Then, we had to go to dog training - which was brilliant! We played with the tunnel and Lily is great at that. She loves it because she saw my goddaughter go through it before and thinks it's a great game. I am considering doing agility with her because she loves jumping too!

When we got back, I was so tired that I just went to bed and didn't get round to posting. Anyway, so tonight I am back and here is your alpha - a wire uppercase one. By the way, did you check out Mel's Little Monster kit? It is way cute - she did a great job - if you don't have it - go get it!! See you tomorrow.

18 comments:

jaye said...

Thanks for visiting my new blog. Hope you like it. I have a layout I did using the Beach Holiday kit and a template I made. They will be on my blog tomorrow (have my post set to pop up at 12:05 EST).

pianomom said...

Thanks for all your great freebies. You are wonderful! My dog has had several ticks this summer. The biggest one she had left a hard lump for almost a week. I think it was just healing. She seems ok now and we are pretty sure we got the whole tick out. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Oh ticks are nasty! my cat had one once! i think they lay in wait in long grass and things, glad you got them out! thanks for the lovely alpha!!!! sunny1972

saintseester said...

I cannot remember if I have been thanking you for the downloads. But, Thank you for these creative kits! I've never scrapbooked at all, but I am loving it in this format.

vettep said...

Thank you again for your wonderful work. I enjoy your kits and I also enjoy read your blog.

I have had no problems with the ticks I have removed for my dog. Sending you caring thoughts for Lily.

Yvette

txbubbles said...

Love the alpha, of course! Thanks so much for sharing. I have a page in progress from this set, this should finish it out nicely! Watch the lump carefully, if you did not remove the whole tick, a part could still be there. Try smothering them with Vaseline to make them back out before removing the tick with tweezers.
Hugs,
Vicki in Texas

Elizabeth said...

thanks for the alpha! I guess flea and tick collars don't work like they do for cats? Poor Lily, they seem to like her, hope you got it all and she heals fast.

Sue said...

This is a great alpha! Thank you very much . :)

Denise said...

Thanks Vicki. I hope Lily's tick problem gets resolved. Do you use anything to prevent them, e.g., K9-Advantix or something similar.? I'm sure she will be fine.

Anne said...

Thank you so much for the alpha, Vicki! :)
It looks great as usual. :)

Poor Lilly, I hope she feels better soon. Those darned ticks seem to like my Yorkie's blood too. Last week I had to remove such a nasty bugger from her leg and she's still bruised all over from it. D'oh!

Maria said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 30 Jul [LA 12:00am, NY 02:00am, UK 07:00am, OZ 05:00pm]).

Scrapping Mom of 5 said...

Thanks so much for the alpha. Sorry you baby has been having tick problems.

Lori said...

I like this alpha! Thank you for sharing it! :)

Poor poor Lily. :( I remember when we had dogs when I was small my parents used a match to get the ticks to back out before they nabbed them. Burn the ticks butt and it pulls it's head out fast! lol I hope she's ok....reason number 357 why I don't have pets other than fish. lol

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

You tuckered me out just talking about the busy day!!!!!!!! LOL
TY so very much for the MARVELOUS alpha!!!!!!!!!!

MomSoto said...

I LOVE this kit ! ! ! Thank you :) This freebie was just listed at Twisted Challenges Freebie Listing

verabear said...

Thank you!

Nielsen Family said...

Hey, I just made a quick page with your Earth Tones kit that turned out so cute. I couldn't find any info on what your email address is to send it to you to look at. Email me at lori@loaner.net if you are interested.

neety said...

Great alpha! Thanks Vicki for sharing it with me.

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking....!

Designs