Pages

Wednesday, 23 July 2008

Granny's Attic returns!

It's been an interesting few days - I have been playing the dutiful housewife!! Rob usually cooks, but he has been busy doing all the hard work on our floors, kitchen, new boiler etc that I thought I would give him a break. I feel like a domestic goddess - this is what we have eaten:
  • Saturday - Lamb and sweet potato mash
  • Sunday - Halibut with new potatoes and salad
  • Monday - Breaded pollock with homemade chunky chips (fries)
  • Tuesday - Moussaka (homemade using a Delia Smith recipe)
  • Tonight - just burgers!!
How completely goddess-like am I? LOL!! How long will it last, I hear you say? Not long, I reply! My friend is coming tomorrow and we are going to see Mama Mia at the cinema, so that's an end to that!! Then I have Friday off work, which means a late night tomorrow!! hehehe!!

So, back to business, tonight I have an alpha to go with Granny's Attic. It's another one of those that can go with anything - it's a scribble alpha and it can be recoloured as you like and used with lots of different kits. For those who haven't seen Granny's Attic (because they are new from Mel's blog), there is a preview of the total kit below - if you click it, you will be taken to all links for the kit - the papers, elements and this alpha. Speaking of Mel - isn't she fab? I am so glad that she contacted me, I think our styles really complement each other! So, back tomorrow with something new I hope!



22 comments:

Mrs. Mordecai said...

Way to go with the cooking! Your menus sound fabulous.

Elaine said...

Thank you for the alpha, love it! Your meals sound yummy!

Lindsay Jane said...

Stopping by to say hi! Love the alpha! :)

kelly said...

Wow, I wish I could eat at your place. Last night we had tuna helper and tonight my husband is bar-b-queing burgers. Thanks for the alpha. Is recoloring easy? Maybe I'll e-mail that question!

txbubbles said...

Girlfriend!
You had me believin' you couldn't cook! Now I know better, I'm with Kelly, set another place, I'm coming to your house for dinner. All hail the new domestic goddess! Love this alpha (of course, I love everything you create!) and yes, I can see where it will be one of those "go to" items. Thanks so much for sharing.
Big ole Texas hug for ya!
Vicki in Texas

Elizabeth said...

If you keep feeding DH so well, maybe he'll keep doing home improvements, haha! Thanks for the alpha, and the kit is very nice!

renae said...

Those are quite some meals you cooked for your dear hubby. Thanks so much for the alpha!

Sue said...

Thanks for the alpha. It is so FUN! You are so creative. :)

utmommy23 said...

Thanks for the alpha! Your menu sounds way yummy. You're just a talented lady!

Randi Lyn A. said...

Thank you so much for sharing - love your kits!!! TTFN... ;-)

Denise said...

Thanks for the kit. I am going to see Mama Mia this weekend; you will have to let us know how you liked it. Enjoy your late night and have a glass for me. LOL

Denise said...

Vicki, thank you so much. I can't believe it. There I was in PSE and decided to open Granny's Alpha's and to my suprise...there is an apostrophe...thank you.

Linda Walton aka bobbysgirlforever said...

Vicki, you are such a HOOT!!! I am sure this is a VERY fair trade-off between you and Rob, but sounds like you are cooking gourment! Are we invited??? PRETTY PLEASE!!! I've even bring the wine!!! ROFL!

I'm catching up on your posts over the past few days and just wanted to let you know that Carole will be DEEPLY touched to know that you have posted about her. We are VERY close and I've just posted an update on my blog with as much I know. I've been communicating with her DIL and she will let me know just as soon as Carole is home from the hospital and is ready to receive a phone call. Thank you Vicki, you are such a SWEETHEART and you are SOOOOO good to ALL of us in SCRAPLAND and BEYOND!!!

Love ya girlie,
Linda :)

Oh, and THANK YOU for the coordinating alpha for Granny's Attic - LOVE IT! XOXO

Lori said...

WOOHOO on the domestic goddessing! lol I don't like to cook but when I do, it's nothing like your menu so GO YOU!

Love the Granny's Attic kit. I realize that you said the alpha was 'scribbled' but it reminds me of the spider webs we would find in Grannys attic! lol

Aggy said...

Thanks for the alphas...they're great!
Your meals sound great too :)

Shel said...

Thanks for all the good stuff. The SNA kit looks great.

Hope you liked Mamma Mia!

Sylvia92 said...

I love the Alpha ! Thanks ... You are so talented Vicki !!! You made me hungry But one thing I must say : Too much potatoes !!!! You should eat more vegetables..... If you see what I mean.... Be carefull... Hugs, S.

elnorac said...

Thanks so much for this awesome alpha. You're right that it'll go with everything. Love your style!

MomSoto said...

Thank you :) Your new freebie was just listed at Twisted Challenges Freebie Listing

Ramie :-) said...

Thanks so much. I love the kit and the alpha is fantastic.

verabear said...

How was the movie? I haven't seen it but my parents went to see it this afternoon and they LOVED IT :)

Andrea and/or Jeff said...

Wow! You made Mousaka?! With that fluffy Bechamel stuff and everything?! I'm very impressed! I'm with the others, I'd love to come to dinner -- and we even have a winery, so there'd be plenty of wine. Just a slight problem of a continent and an ocean in between, nothing we can't handle!
Andrea in California
PS, what does hubby cook?

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking....!

Designs