Pages

Thursday, 24 July 2008

Sorry, new kit not coming today!

Well, it's been a busy week so far with my domestic-goddess act which some of you thought was more than it was!! Let me tell you, hubby would eat anything I made, just because I made it and he didn't have to cook it himself! To me, it tasted fine, but who knows?? I am not good at cooking and I usually make a mess, but I must admit, I did step up to the challenge and felt quite pleased with myself. I salute people who cook every night, every day of the year - I could never do it - it has exhausted me!! If you want the recipe for my moussaka (well, not mine, but you know...) you can see it here - Delia Smith is my hero and she makes such FAB recipes! This moussaka is absolutely DELICIOUS and well worth a try!

I also wanted to say that I am really pleased for Denise - she got her apostrophe in the Granny's Attic alpha and she thanked me for it, so it was well worth doing it!

So, tonight, I am not starting a new kit beause I am exhausted! I have a very sore shoulder - I think I've pulled a muscle or something and I am finding it hard to concentrate on anything, let alone anything creative! I'm not even going to see Mama Mia tonight as I just feel too tired, which isn't like me at all. Don't worry, I hope to be back on full form tomorrow!

Oh, and we lost Lily tonight! We ran around the house and the street outside frantically and eventually found her in the shed! The door had closed on her while she was being nosy! As she doesn't bark, we had no idea where she was! I can tell you, my heart skipped several beats thinking that she had got out and been run over by a car or something similar! Thank goodness she is absolutely fine!!

Mel told me that she has a new kit coming, so be sure to look out for that! See you all tomorrow.

19 comments:

Mrs. Mordecai said...

Oh, I'm sorry you're not feeling well. I hope your shoulder is better soon.

I can tell you why cooking dinner was so exhausting: you made such awesome food! I just make really easy stuff like pasta and quiche because whenever I try to plan complicated meals, they just never happen.

S said...

I hope you feel better soon, and thank GOD you found Lily!!!

lovetocraftbetty said...

I hope your shoulder is feeling better soon.

Happy to hear you found Lily safe and sound!

LEM said...

Hope you are feeling better soon and so glad you found Lily!

Sue said...

I hope your shoulder gets better soon. Hurting is no fun at all.

I'm glad you found Lily. I can relate to what you went through with her. We lost our son once - in Japan when he was 6 years old and couldn't speak Japanese. He was supposed to come home with one of his two older brothers. They each thought he'd come home with the other one. After 4 hours, a kind Japanese man who knew English found this grubby little boy crying and helped him call home. We thank the Lord that all turned out well.

txbubbles said...

So very glad that you found Lily! I'm sure you were frantic. Get yourself some well deserved rest!
Hugs,
Vicki in Texas

Bec said...

Vicki, I hope you are feeling better soon. I'm glad you found Lily. I was wondering what moussaka was, now I will have to check it out for myself--thank you.

Jeanie (aka Scrapdoctor Designs) said...

Vicki - I so enjoy your designs, as well as your blog itself. I have nominated you for not one, but TWO awards, so please visit my blog at http://scrapdoctor.blogspot.com to receive your awards! :) I'm so glad Lily is OK!

Hugs,
Jeanie

Randi Lyn A. said...

Yikes! I know how you feel when a doggie escapes... mine have a few times and I always fear the worst but so far we've been lucky. So do you have an overuse injury from all that cookin? lol!!!

Elizabeth said...

Hope your shoulder feels better, fast. I agree about the continuous cooking, I would like for it to become a "hobby" again! But we like to eat, so what can I do!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you found Lily! Hope you should feels better tomorrow.

Tammy Dunlap said...

I hope your shoulder feels better soon. Glad you found your Lily too! Is always so scary when you dont know where they are. Take care and have a good night!

Tejal said...

A girl needs her rest..Take care girl and thanks a ton for all those great kits..

you're making me a spoiled girl with all the freebies.

Tejal

Susie2shoes said...

Hi Vicki, I’m so sorry to hear you are feeling out of sorts. It doesn't matter one iota about freebies & kits, they are just an excellent bonus to a fantabulous blog.

My heart jumped out of my chest when you said you'd lost Lily!!! I had to re read that one sentence about 3 times. I was thinking all sorts of things. But then I realised you meant 'lost', as in unable to find and not the other far terrible lost. Then I though OMG she's lost Lily!! I calmed myself down a read on and to my relief the lovely, cute Lily was found. I can just imagine her sitting in the shed thinking, "I'd rather be in Susie2shoes shed, 'cus this is boring, and Susie has a least got a TV and an armchair in hers"!

I'm being silly, sorry Vicki. Have a great and relaxing weekend, enjoy the sun and come back refreshed and lovely.

Big Hugs
Susie
x

Stacey said...

glad you found your puppy!!! I have to totally agree with you...I just HATE to cook...and if it can't be made in the microwave..then it just isn't made...((I know my poor children)) hee hee

MrsRomer said...

I find when I get those deep muscle pains, taking about 1500 - 2000 mg of Vitamin C makes it disappear by morning. A doctor told me about it one time (or maybe my chiropractor?)

Glad you found the dog. Gives you that sick feeling in the pit of your stomach when you can't find the baby!

Denise said...

Vicki, I was with susie2shoes when I first read the sentence. I thought, OMG, I can't believe that. Then I read on. I am glad you found Lily and that she did not wander off somewhere. Hope your shoulder is better soon.

Thanks for the new kit. Oh, I love to cook but only have to on Sunday's. This is one perk of working second shift. Saturdays, it's always something easy.

Have a good weekend.

Lori said...

Because I'm working backwards I already know that your shoulder is feeling better but I'm glad that it is so. hehe
I'm also glad that you found your Lily...she doesn't bark? whoa At least that's not something you have to work on in obedience class huh? lol
HUGS Vicki!

Lee said...

You are BEYOND GENEROUS with your talent!!! I can't say Thank you enough!

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking....!

Designs