Pages

Thursday, 10 July 2008

This Thursday... challenge

When I was asked to be guest designer on This Thursday... I felt really honoured - little old me as a guest designer alongside ladies with such incredible talent! I am predominantly a digital scrapbook designer as you all know, but I started my crafting life making cards about 5 years ago. When I received my challenge item - stamps from Cherry Pie Art stamps, I was forced out of my comfort zone. I've only used stamps for words really before and it's not something that has previously appealed to me. However, I really enjoyed being forced to think outside the box!

The challenge was opposites attract and I decided on two approaches for the stamps I received - the first was a simple card (which seemed the most obvious using stamps) and the art stamps lent themselves perfectly to a very simple black and white theme!

Then, with the kind permission of Cherry Pie Art stamps, I scanned the stamped impressions and used them for a piece of hybrid art - a digital scrapbooking page. I love the way they turned out - it's definitely something to consider for digital scrapbookers with a stamp stash! Take a look at Cherry Pie Art Stamps - they are absolutely stunning!

Finally, as a third project, I did a LO with the title 'opposites attract' and Joanne kindly donated her photo of her lovely lab Bristol and a little kitten for the purpose. I think the photo fits the title perfectly... Please visit the challenge blog and have a go at the challenge - there are always great prizes up for grabs! Also, I am involved in the web chat tonight at 9pm (UK) if you want to join in!

4 comments:

rattytatty@fsmail.net said...

Hi Vickie Thanks for being our guest designer this week. Its an honour to have you and your examples this week are stunning

Fiona Whitehead said...

Stunning examples Vickie - I've not been brave enough to try digital - I'm too touchy feely! LOL! Thanks for being part of This Thursday.

jaye said...

aaww what a good looking dog, hehehe.
Your examples are awesome. I never would have thought to use stamped impressions in digi layouts. Great idea!

Sue said...

I love the many ways you vary from pale blue to sand color in "Where the land meets the sea". What a gorgeous layout!

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking....!

Designs