Pages

Sunday, 10 August 2008

Happy Sunday!

Good morning! The weekend has flown by so far and no blog entry from me! Yesterday, I had good intentions of catching up on email, but my email was down most of the day! I'm not sure why though, I just couldn't connect! Maybe it's to do with the amount of people online yesterday - it was raining here pretty much all day! Anyway, all back to normal today, so I will be able to catch up. Today, hubby has gone to the Community Shield at Wembley - Portsmouth vs Manchester United - the winners of the FA Cup vs the winners of the Premier League. Hubby is still pinching himself that Portsmouth won the FA Cup for the first time in 69 years and this is the icing on the cake for him! So, he has gone to the match with our friend and neighbour, Keith and I will be lunching with Maureen (his wife) today. I always wanted to be a 'lady who lunches' - LOL!!

We had another tick yesterday - arrrgghh!! Little buggers! I am getting a bit bored of it now! We have switched Lily from Stronghold to Frontline (which treats ticks), but I still have to pull the little buggers out because they are soooo horrible looking!! The latest one was under her ear and I was lucky to spot it - if she was Pompey and less cuddly, I wouldn't have got it!

The sun is shining today and things are much better than yesterday - it's amazing how the sun can lift your mood too! Speaking of lifted moods, I finally went to see Mamma Mia on Friday with my girlfriends - I LOVED it! If anyone out there hasn't seen it yet - you must go see it! It is the best 'feel good' movie I've seen in a long time and I definitely recommend it!

I spent quite a lot of time watching the Olympics yesterday - I guess the rain was good for something!! I really enjoyed what I watched - it was a mix of gymnastics, swimming, judo, rowing and cycling. Great Britain don't ever win many medals, but we're pretty good at rowing and cycling, so I thought I would pay some attention to those events. As I watch now, we just won the women's road race in the cycling - our first GOLD MEDAL!!!!! Woo hoo!! They had a big storm and lots of rain and I would guess that gives us a HUGE advantage - LOL!! Congratulations Nicole Cooke!

So, I've been working on the new kit, but that will debut tomorrow, just thought I'd tell you what I've been doing - in case you wondered!! LOL! I will also be working on my August collab kit with Mel today - another couple of weeks and you should be seeing that one. Mel is now part of the team at Snap and Scrap - she'll be selling her kits there, so be sure to stop by her blog and congratulate her. I believe she is also looking for a CT, so check her blog for that in the next couple of days if you're interested.

One last thing, we are nearly there for the September/November issue of Scrap N' Art - it's out on 1st September and from what I've seen so far, you are in for a treat! Remember my Precious Pumpkin kit will be included free to every reader. I've made a LO for you from the kit as another teaser - hope you like it! I'll be back tomorrow. TTFN.

10 comments:

scrappyweiss said...

As always, love your work, Vicki. I could eat up the colors in this one and look forward to seeing it. Thanks for all your hard work.

makeyesup said...

thanks, was gone for a week so I'm just catching up. Oodles of Doodles is really cute, will work great for children's layouts. I agree Mamma Mia was a fun movie, loved all the music and singing.

Anonymous said...

Ticks, UGGGHHH!!! We live in he woods (of California) and our one dog gets so many ticks! Our white dog, Zima, is Samoyed Husky Wolf, and her fur is so thick the ticks can't get in, they just stumble around from the fur. And I can almost hear them saying "I know there's a dog in here somewhere." And since she's white they are easy to see, so I can just pick them off as they wander around. And then flush them, ha ha! But Iris, uggghhh. She is also half Samoyed, but the other half is Lab(they are first cousins, but look nothing alike). Mom was a chocolate lab, but all the puppies came out looking like black labs with curly tails and fur like sea otters. Anyway, though, the fur is not as thick, so the evil, disgusting ticks can and do get in. The weird thing is that if they get any kind of a foothold (mouthhold?) at all, then if I pull the tick out the fur grows back in white instead of black. Does that happen on your labs, or is it just because of the Sammy blood?
Do you have Lyme disease there? For us it is supposed to be only about 5% of ticks, but if she gets dozens a year then the odds get kind of bad and we're thinking of getting her vaccinated.
Andrea in Santa Cruz

Stacey said...

that LO is soooo cute!!!! I sure hope that the new medicine works on your puppy!!!

Linda Walton aka bobbysgirlforever said...

WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO - GO BRITS!!! I've been watching a bit here and there, but TOO much to do in preparation for our departure on Thursday!

YAY!!! Frontline ROCKS and I will be purchasing some upon our return. I think it's the Advantage K-9 or something like that when I last researched it. Will be interested in hearing your results on Lily and Pompey!

I can't wait for FALL/AUTUMN! It is Robert's favorite time of the year and I LOVE to decorate the house for him and put the PUMPKIN SPICE liquid in the potpourri pot! COOL, CRISP mornings and pleasant temps as well as the end of daylight savings time here in the US! Love it when the sun goes down early evening - HEY, it's CUDDLE UP weather!!! ROFL!

Have an AWESOME week ahead darlin'- kisses for the babies!

XOXO,
Linda

ian said...

Hope hubby was not too disappointed with the match. I think that Pompey did pretty well to hold Man U for 90 minutes. Shame about the penalties. I couldn't even watch it on TV.( No Setanta)
I am sure that they are going to have another great season.

Monica (RI) said...

hey just stopping by cause I wanted to let you know that I used your kit "About A Boy" to scrap something for my mother for her birthday tomorrow. Thanks for the wonderful kit! Our family will be looking at your work all the time now lol! Here's the LO if you wanna see it:

http://www.digishoptalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=398841&cat=500

Lori said...

Holy cow on the ticks! GRRRRRR What an annoyance! Hope the Frontline helps!

And I absolutely love the kit pieces you used in your layout. I can't wait to see the whole kit. :)

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about more ticks! I hate ticks!!

BUT your layout if wonderful! Beautiful fall colors and photo is sooo cute!!

Janet Kay

mel_h said...

i love your layout!!! its beautiful!!
just remember that you are DEFINITELY my honourary ct member on ALL my kits hey! and i love your new kit, its gorgeous.. you have a way with subtle earthly colours. nice one.
will chat tomorrow missy,
much love xxxxxxx

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking....!

Designs