Pages

Monday, 25 August 2008

New collab kit with Mel - Cafe Del Mar

Mel and I, as promised, have gotten together again for a collab kit - we've mentioned it many times in the past month and finally it's ready! This one is very close to our hearts! We discovered we have a mutual love for dance music and from that, I had an idea to design a kit that would reflect that love!

In the Spanish Ballearics is a small island called Ibiza. It's long been known as a party island and I have been five times - one of those times was my honeymoon (that's how much I love it)! It is a very magical island with a special vibe that once visited is never forgotten. There is a strip of bars in San Antonio known collectively as sunset strip - basically, when the sun sets, the best DJs on the island play chilled tunes as a backdrop to the beautiful sunset. Those bars then become pre-club venues attracting DJs and clubbers from all over the world. The oldest and most famous of these bars is called Cafe Del Mar - a wonderful place to see and be seen! This is where I got the name for the collab kit. I hope you like it - you can see Mel's papers preview below the full kit preview and if you click it, you'll be directed to her blog. My papers preview is below that and you can click the link below the image to download it.

I am having SUCH a hard time choosing a CT - I had loads of applicants and it is just so difficult to choose and I need some extra time! I hope to make the decision later tonight or tomorrow. Also, check back tomorrow for the elements for Cafe Del Mar. TTFN.


Click here to download the papers.

23 comments:

Denise said...

Love this collab kit!! Thanks so much :)

Julie said...

How fun! Great job Vicki and Mel!

coddinam said...

Thank you Vicki & Mel-beautiful kit! Ann

scrappy weiss said...

looking forward to giving this kit a go very soon. looks like a lovely island!xoxo E

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

TY so very much Vickie for the MARVELOUS BGs!!!!!!!!!!
HUGS!!!!!!!!!

Amy said...

This kit looks fab! I also love the precious pumpkin kit below. Thanks!!

txbubbles said...

Vicki,
Oh, my! This one looks like a whole lotta fun! Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Vicki in Texas

makeyesup said...

Thanks Vicki, love the sunglasses and the bubbles on the papers. Be back tomorrow to get the super elements.

Stacey said...

wow Vicki this kit rocks!!!!!

lovetocraftbetty said...

Thank you for the gorgeous papers to this new collab kit!!
Enjoyed reading your write-up on the "party island" sounds like a fabulous place to visit!

mel_h said...

hello there missy! well how fabulous is this?? our second collab! congrats! i had plenty of toasts to us last night at the wine show, will do a write up today, man it was interesting. how many times did i say to damien, vicki should have been here! LOLE!! now im excited about the next one. ALREADY! will chat later, have a fantastic day!
much love
mel xxxxxx

Anne said...

What a beautiful kit, Vicki! You an Mel make such a great team together. :)

On my way over to Mel's blog now, hehehe.

Hugs from Germany,
Anne

Maria said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 26 Aug [LA 12:00am, NY 02:00am, UK 07:00am, OZ 05:00pm] ).

Anonymous said...

Great kit! Can't wait to see the elements! Thank you!

Lisa said...

Thanks so much for the great papers, the kit looks amazing! I love it when the two of you get together!!

Christelle said...

Ooooh I like!!! No....i LOVE!!! Wonderful kit...can't wait for the rest!

Thanx so much for sharing!

Stormie said...

As always I am loving this kit! I especially like the bubble paper & cannot wait to see the elements.

You & Mel make a great team!

Katrina said...

Thanks so much.

Sue said...

Thank you very much for the great papers! :)ct

Denise said...

Love the kit; thank you. I want to go taste wine and I want to go to Casa del Mar...maybe one day.

Thanks again. Can't wait to see your new CT's designs!

She-Ra said...

love the story behind the name.

and of course love the kit!

Lori said...

I LOVE this kit you girls are creating! Thank you for doing that for us for FREE! HUGSSSSS

Linda Walton aka bobbysgirlforever said...

OMGosh girl, I am SOOOO far behind!!! Stay away from your blog a day or two and LOOK WHAT HAPPENS!!!

You and Mel are DA BOMB and this is such a FAB COLLAB and will be SO much FUN to use.

My poor EHD is maxed and I've been trying to burn DVD's and am now using an online backup service as well which will take some time to do with SO much on it!!!

I am SO happy that you had such a LOVELY weekend away and am even HAPPIER to have you back.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU for your GENEROUS spirit and for doing another collab with Mel - y'all ROCK ... and then SOME!

BIG, BIG, BIG HUGS,
Linda :)

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking....!

Designs