Pages

Saturday, 6 September 2008

Printing Scrapbook LOs

I don't know how many of you have printed out your LOs? I have before, but just as single sheets to frame or give as gifts. Yesterday, I was sent a voucher for a free book from Inkubook. They are a new company who print photobooks and as an introductory offer, they are printing the book itself for free when you pay for postage. I thought to myself - sounds like they'll charge an absolute fortune for postage, but I thought I'd check it out. The instructions were as follows:

1. Sign up with Inkubook and start making your free digital scrapbook
2. Using the “Invite Friends” feature, invite someone to join Inkubook and submit a few photos/page designs to include in your book. Inkubook will send them a promotion code to use for a free digital scrapbook.
3. When you’re finished with your free digital scrapbook, enter this promotion code at checkout: EJR372. You pay only shipping charges to receive your free book. (Basic shipping options are $6.99 for Media Mail and $8.99 for Standard Ground.)

So, what's to lose? I signed up to the website, downloaded the software that they provide and started uploading my LOs. The books are hard-backed A4 size - either landscape or portrait, or they also have a soft covered 8.5 x 8.5 size book into which you can load your scrapbook pages. I do 12x12 scrapping, but they uploaded beautifully to 8.5x8.5 onto the full bleed page and voila - I have a 20 page book being delivered after 4-6 days! International shipping is a bit more expensive (basic for the book I chose was $14.99 which is about £7-8 for my UK readers), but when you consider you get the book for free, it's still cheaper than anything you'd get in the UK!

The software they use is very straightforward and when I had a question, I used their online live chat help facility. THAT was amazing! There was a guy called Mike waiting for me on the other end and he helped me out and made me really feel like the company cared about my order. I use a Mac and the software worked for me - that is very rare - quite often you can only use these services if you are on a PC (as if I would ever Mel.... LOLE!) Here are a couple of screen grabs of the software to show how straightforward it was to use - I just had to upload the photos (LOs), then drag them onto the book and they just fitted themselves in! You can choose any layout for the page you want, I obviously went for full bleed on each, but if you have photos instead, there are lots of different options - see the second image....

Overall, so far, I am VERY impressed with Inkubook and just thought I would mention to you all in case you've ever wanted to get your LOs printed. You really can't go wrong at just $8.99, can you? When my book arrives, I'll let you know what it's like - I can't wait!

16 comments:

charlie said...

ooo..iwill definately be checking that out..thanks for the tip Vicki!

Jaana Säker said...

Hi! My name is Jaana Säker and i am the owner of Scrapyard.se We are always looking for new designers for our site.
I've heard that there is many swedish digiscrappers that are afraid to buy form shops note located in Sweden
but they would love to buy products from many designers.

Maybe you want to sell you products at Scrapyard.se also? So your swedish fans can buy it to!

It would have been really fun if you want to sell your products at Scraoyard.se. Please contact me if you are interested.
Best regards Jaana Säker, owner of Scrapyard.se - jaana@scrapyard.se

Susie2shoes said...

Thanks for the info Vicki, I will give them a try.

Hugs
Susie
x

Jane said...

This is super....thanks for sharing!!!

Random Girl said...

Thanks for that! And I wanted to let you know how fabulous I think your new header is, I love it!

Danielle said...

love your new header

i signed up with this company a month or so ago when someone had posted that it was a new company i have yet to actually have anything printed do keep us posted as to the quality i would love to get a new book printed so i will check them out again soon

Stacy said...

That is a great deal!
What I want to find is a good way to have individual 12x12 pages printed. I have pages made that I want to have printed so I can put them in my scrapbook.

kelly said...

Excellent, I'm checking this out very soon. A friend of mine just told me about my publisher. Very similar. Use the code "new share" and all you pay for is shipping. She said she got several 40 page books for less than $6 a book. I haven't got on yet, but I will soon. Thanks for the info, I can't wait to print my pages!!!

Bec said...

I'd love to hear more when your book arrives. Thank you for the information. Have a wonderful weekend.

Stacey said...

ok I am totally going to have to check that out!!! Thanks for the info!!!

Patrice said...

I can't wait to hear how the book looks. Keep us informed. Patrice

Anonymous said...

I can not THANK YOU enough!! I have your site bookmarked because I just love your designs. Anyhow, I just did a book and it was 8.99!! I can't wait to see how it comes out. I'll have to check back to see what you have to say about yours! And congrats on Pompey. I don't know anything about it, but Good luck!

Nicole's Blogspot said...

Awesome, thanks so much. Do you care if I highlight your entire post and email it to my friends? Let me know parkermontage@gmail.com. Thanks a bunch!

Anonymous said...

How often do you actually get insider feedback in forums?

I am not going to attempt "selling" the site; feedback from you the customers will help determine if the product meets your demand.

What I will say is that I have never worked at a company like Inkubook that truly designs and reviews the product/web application from the perspective of the end user in almost every meeting...to be both a fun exerience and allow greater creativity with your cherished images.

Hope you enjoy growing with us!

JMH407 said...

Hi Vicki: I remember that you're designing for someone, but can't remember who that is. What is that link please? And do you take requests? For instance, I'm doing a heritage album but can't find much online. I'm very interested in quick pages for heritage, using 3-4 pics per page. And do you sell layouts? Thanks!

Cindyrelly said...

Sounds very Intriguing ... for that price I will definitely give them a try. I just spent over $100 to print out a 32 page album at FedEx/Kinkos and that didn't even include the album ( which I bought at a craft store ) and shipping to my Nana for her birthday last month! I was going to try shutterfly which would have been a lot less $$ but ran out of time :) Have a Great Day!!

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking....!

Designs