Pages

Wednesday, 15 October 2008

Sweet Dreams elements part 2

Hello to everyone in scrapland! I hope you are all having a lovely Wednesday! I have had a VERY expensive day today - our car was in for an MOT (not sure what you'd call that in other countries, but it's a yearly test a car has to undergo to assess road-worthiness). So, I waited for the dreaded call which came just before lunchtime - it's failed!! So I gingerly enquire as to how much it will cost to fix it so that it will pass and I will be in possession of the much sought after certificate.... "£445.00 (nearly $1000.00) Mrs Parker", he says! "WHAT?", I say! "Sorry Mrs Parker, but you need new shock absorbers at the front as they are leaking, a new exhaust and a replacement license plate as yours is damaged and unreadable. As you have a car which is classed as a sports car (what?) it is quite expensive for parts!" Now, I must tell you that I have been telling hubby for a while that we should change our car to something more economical and I think my point is now well and truly made!!! Enough said on this matter - I will let it rest and tell Pompey and Lily that Christmas is cancelled!! LOL - how dramatic am I?

Today, I can show you a photo of my work's 10th birthday party. This is (in photo order) me, Tina and Jenny striking a pose and also that infamous grin of mine! We did have lots of fun and this was us playing croquet (well we were supposed to be)!! LOL! We didn't win - not sure why we were all put on the same team - I think it was a conspiracy - we giggled too much to be competitive!! Hahaha!

So, back to business, here are the second set of elements for Sweet Dreams - click the image to download and check back tomorrow for the alpha. TTFN.

23 comments:

Amber said...

beautiful - thank you! :)

Tiffany Webber said...

I love this kit! Thanks so much! I hope your car gets fixed soon!! :( My AC went out and I cracked my windshield in the same day!! Ugh! At least I can wait till summer to get the AC fixed!!

Linda Walton aka bobbysgirlforever said...

Oh Vicki!!! NO Christmas for Pompey and Lily!!! I shall have to write to GOOD 'ol St. Nick immediately and discuss the matter at hand so that the Parker family SHALL, indeed, HAVE CHRISTMAS!!! LOL!!

Here in the states we have what is referred to as a SMOG certification which must be renewed every other year here in California. We happen to live in a less populated area, so those residing in my county only have to have a vehicle smogged when it is first purchased whether it be NEW or USED!

I am mailing you in just a bit since I've not yet posted on my blog for you to see the FUN I had the WEE hours of this morning and just a bit ago as I added the final touches!!! I have SO needed to scrap!

Girl, you are GORGEOUS as are your partners in crime - fancy that, not playing your game but GIGGLING the time away!!! I LOVE IT and YOU!

Enjoy your night love ...

XOXO,
Linda :)

P.S. Thank YOU for PART TWO of the ELEMENTS to *SWEET DREAMS*!!!

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

TY so very much for another AWESOME part!!!!!
We have here in Pa USA whats called a yearly state inspection & also emission test!!!
I'm glad my son's is a mechenic!!!!!
When hubby was alive he use to do all the repairs!!!!
HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Susie2shoes said...

Love this new kit. I don't normally 'do' yellow, but I'll make exception for this kit and these lovely elements.

Arghhhhhhh! That's my response to cars & MOT's in general. I think you have to be rich to own a car these days, let alone run one and keep it on the road!

Big Hugs

kelly said...

Ugh! Here in the good ol US of A it's a SMOG check. That pic of you with your co-workers is very cute, sorry about your car. Thanks for the freebies!

txbubbles said...

Great photo! Love that grin!!! Pompey and Lily HAVE to have Christmas! Let me know where to send the doggy donation!
Hugs,
Vicki in Texas

Caryn said...

Hey girly :) This is such a cute kit - wonderful job!

We go every year to get our "sticker" as we call it, and after so many years of taking our "junkers" and holding our breath, we are now happily taking our safe family car (had to get one when the kids were born, ya know!)

Anyway, love the pic of you - looks like it was a lovely day...

Happy Thursday to you tomorrow!

Mwah!

Deanna said...

Love the colors on this kit!! Thanks so much for sharing. :)

charity.sorrells said...

Holy moses, thats a lot of dough for a tune up! Yep, i think you've proved you point....did he finally get the picture load and clear??? ;)

Wow, thats some kit you have there. I am totally tempted to pick this one up and spend all night driving myself crazy "trying" to use it...snicker
{{smooches}}

Stacey said...

ahhhh I am soooo sorry!!! Cars are such a pain!!!

Stash Empress said...

Just catching up my blogreading for the past few days & find this amazing kit! Thanks so much -- these are just fabulous colors & I love your elements, as usual!!!

Sue said...

I like the fun picture of your friends from work. Thanks for the great elements! You always make such wonderful kits! :D

Anne said...

Just gorgeous, Vicki!

Good luck for your car "exam" and hopefully it won't be as expensive as you fear. It's the same in Germany, those "experts" are way too expensive. ::ugh::

Cuddles for Pompey and Lily. ;)

Hugs from Germany,
Anne

Deatles said...

Here in Illinois USA we have an emissions test we have to pass every two years, once a car is 5 years old. If you do decide to hold off on buying a new car and keeping your "sports car" just keep telling yourself that the repairs are less than car payments for a year... LOL Maybe that will help the repair shop shock... LOL

Far as your fur babies... my little pug loves my old socks with a know tied in the middle. :-) That's what my kids always give our Sophie for Christmas...although you will have to lay out more cash cuz you have to buy a pair.

Love the photo...you girls look like you have fun at work. That makes it easier to show up each day, ya?

Finally - thank you so much for this sweet kit. Your work is only out matched by your generosity.

Hugz - Diana

Mo said...

Honey, as always I loved your new kit. Hope You continue doing this fabulous things!
Love

Elaine said...

thank you so much!! Love the pics, looks like you all had fun!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful work with us. I can't wait to use it.

Amy said...

So sorry to hear about the car! Thank goodness my dh is a mechanic and can fix most everything that goes wrong with our cars.

It looks like you all had fun at the work party

jilly1160 said...

sweet kit....thank you

Marie-France said...

Thanks a lot.

Tiffany said...

Just sending a little love your way. Thanks for all your wonderful work.

Amanda said...

I love all your kits but this is by far my fav! Thank you for all your hard work!

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking....!

Designs