Pages

Saturday, 22 November 2008

Walking on a blog train....?!

Good morning scrapland! I just realised something last night while I was tucked away in bed leaving blogger to automatically post for me - sorry that you stayed up so late Susie, I scheduled it for 3am UK time!! What I realised is that we are riding a blog train, but in fact "Walking" in a Scrappy Wonderland!! How ridiculous! Why would you walk when you had a train at your disposal or why would you catch a train when you could walk? LOL!! I know - I'm crazy - these things always go through my head when I'm in bed waiting to sleep (although, in all honesty, usually that is only a few minutes - lucky me!).

Well, as I am now awake, walked the dogs, cleaned the house and have done a little blog hopping today, I thought I would share my Shabby Christmas LO with you which I am also giving you as a QP (see, I told you there would be treats throughout the week!). I do hope you like it! The photo in mine is one of my sister and me with our Dad at Christmas in 1977. I love this photo - such wonderful memories! Those nightdresses we are wearing were Christmas presents that year and mine had a giraffe on the front - I totally loved it and wore it all the time until I just couldn't fit in it anymore! I've used the photo for a LO before, but with someone else's kit - I love that I can now do one with one of my kits! I think the Shabby Christmas fits well with 70's Christmas photos! I think there are a lot of 30-something scrappers out there who are going to have plenty of 70's photos of themselves and their families....

So, here's the LO and below is the QP preview - click it and download! Check back on Monday for the start of a new kit from me and check in during the week to mine and all my collab partners blogs for extra goodies. I have put the links to Mel, Linda and Dawn's blogs (via blinkies) at the top on the right of my blog so that you can get to them easily anytime! TTFN.

Font is CK Becky

24 comments:

Snowsmoon said...

Girl you are just too fast....I love what you have done with this part of the kit. They are my favorite Christmas colors and you did a AWESOME job with them as well as you WONDERFUL CT team. Have a wonderful evening and I will stop by again tomorrow.....Walking in a Scrappy Wonderland.

Tammy Dunlap said...

THANKS!

Ajila said...

Vicki, I love your Shabby Christmas portion of this train. And this QP is lovely. I hope you are having a great day. TY & LYSL

Ajila said...

PS: I just added my mug to your followers list...*lol* {{{hugs}}}

Linda Walton aka bobbysgirlforever said...

Mornin' love!!! I am peeking my sleepy head in to greet you today and I am off to reboot and turn on Skype! I came over by way of dear Kyra's blog who is SO sweet to feature us at the top today!

YAAAAZ, we are riding the *Walking in a Scrappy Wonderland* express! Rather odd, but hey, here in SCRAPLAND just about anything goes, eh? ROFL!

I thought that DARLING photo to be of you and your sister!!! How PRICELESS it is and it does, indeed, look FABULOUS using your SHABBY CHRISTMAS!!!

Talk soon!

XOXO,
Linda :)

lovetocraftbetty said...

Thank you for sharing this lovely quick page!

KrisG said...

My goodness... do the awesome kits ever end? I HOPE NOT!!! Thank you... this is going to be a fabulous stroll. I love that you did a "shabby"... LOVE that style! Cya next week! Hugz

Tammy Dunlap said...

THANKS!

Vivayne said...

Love that little ruffle peaking out of the paper. Great job!!

Cheryl said...

Vicki your shabby xmas kit is awesome - the colors are the exact colors I use to decorate my house for Christmas! Love the QP - and the picture is precious!

Lisa said...

Love this QP Vicki and the layout of you with your sister and dad is great! What a funny thing for you to be thinking about while drifting off to la-la land! Thanks for sharing.

Julie said...

I'm new to scrapbooking & your kits look amazing! I can't wait to try them out! Thank you SO much for sharing!

April said...

This is an awesome QP Vicki. I'll have to check on my 70's photos but I think your's are the best. lol. Thank you so much for sharing.

Vicki (Chickivaney) said...

Thanks a bunch!

Digi Free said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 22 Nov [LA 09:00pm] - 23 Nov [NY 12:00am, UK 05:00am, OZ 04:00pm] ).

Susie2shoes said...

It must feel fantastic to be able to use your own kits to scrap whatever you like Vicki, well done, you have done a great job with this lovely page. I love the CK Becky font you used.

Thanks & Hugs
Susie

Joelle said...

Thanks Vicki, I love this kit and can hardly wait until Friday for the elements.

Lori Crouch said...

It gets harder and harder to leave a comment! But your QP is worth the searching. Love everything about it: the colors, the layout, and the textures. Great job! Thank you very much.

Sue said...

Thank you very much for these.

Stefani said...

I love this qp and the papers!! You're awesome! :)

Stefani said...

Ok...Sorry that thank you was so short...I've been trying to thank you for several days on the "post-a-comment" and every time it would pop up with a "verify the image" but never give me the image?? I just figured it was my S-L-O-W computer (in more than one sense of the word!). So anyway, that last "thank you" was more of a test message. So...YIPPEE! It posted!! Now...
THANK YOU!!!! I LOVE the looks of these kits and can't wait to get my grubby little hands on the rest of them! :)

Stacey said...

WOW!! THAT QP is AWESOME!!! what a darling picture too!!!

Melody aka pebbles7195 said...

Love Love Love the QP!! Thanks so much for sharing!! What an adorable photo too!! Hugs!! :)

irishkathy said...

Thanks so much foro the QP. I had my kids in the 70's so I guess this kit will work for me too! And my kids are in their 30's so I hope they will like them.

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking....!

Designs