Pages

Thursday, 18 December 2008

Questions answered about Inkubook

Meghan asked me the following questions - my answers are in blue!

1: Can you customize the outside binding of the book (like putting "Spring '08" so when it is on a bookshelf you can tell which book it is)? I don't think so...
2: Is their name "inkubook" anywhere on the book? (I know shutterfly puts their name on the inside and also a barcode on the back and that annoys me! lol) No, it's not!
3: Is there a barcode on the back of the book? No, there isn't!

And also, Heather asked:

Which do you prefer, Shutterfly or Inkubook? I haven't used Shutterfly before, but based on the fact that Meghan says they put barcodes on the books, I guess the answer would be Inkubook!

I hope that helps ladies? Check back later for the Funky Retro alpha! TTFN.

7 comments:

Snowsmoon said...

Thank you for the information, Vicki. I am going to try getting one of these books printed for my daughters. Your book looks great.

Stacey said...

oh thanks girl!!! and thank you Snowsmoon! I think I am going to do that for my Children too!! What a great idea!!!

Anonymous said...

I love shutterfly, and you can have the barcode and label removed for a little price. I have never used the other brand, I might have to try it, but I like having the label on the spine of the book. Hope this helps anyone.

La Scrapping Mad-ison said...

Public Service announcement:

Artscow (artscow.com) WILL let you label the spine, I don't know about a barcode, because the book hasn't come in yet, but the spine can be labeled. It doesn't like macs, though, sorry, Vicki!

Their label (on the last page) can be removed for a small fee, also).

I'm still waiting on the book, so when it comes in, we'll compare it to inkubuk. :)

Meghan Justice said...

Thank you for answering my questions!

Tiffany said...

Funky and retro, so much fun. Thanks

yuki said...

Artscow pricing is great and yes it does have a barcode, but their print quality is well...erm... "what you pay for is what you get". The print is quite grainy but if you're looking for a VERY economical way of printing your books I do truly recommend artscow.com. Seriously, who can beat USD$6.99 (free shipping) for your first 20-page hardcover 8x8? They always have freebies so most subsequent 20-page books are likely $7.99 shipped.

my 2 cents ;)

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking....!

Designs