Pages

Thursday, 1 January 2009

An alpha to finish Lily's Garden

Happy 2009 to everyone in scrapland! It's here and so far it seems beautiful! I have decided to have a go at project 365 - basically, take a photo every day and scrap it (probably on a weekly LO). So this morning I thought I would take my camera with me on our walk and I took a photo of a waterfall. Just as I took the photo, it started to snow!! WOW! I love snow! Now, it was only a few flakes, but the fact that I was taking my photo when it started seemed somehow magical to me and so I have decided that along with my photo for each day, I am going to write a short note about the photo so that I can put some journalling on my LOs. Journalling is something I am not good at, so I need to get some practice in!! I had originally taken a photo just at midnight - the story isn't as magical, but I am going to show it to you anyway!! So, here is the first photo - Big Ben striking midnight - symbolising the start of the new year.... It's a photo taken of the TV, so it's not great!!

And here is my project 365 photo for today. I think I may take this shot 4 times this year - one for each season - I like that idea and may do it for some other shots too. That would be quite cool I think!

So, for your freebie today, I have the alpha for Lily's Garden - it's an acrylic, embroidered alpha! LOL! I hope you like it. Check back in a little while for details of my new store kit (with freebie QP) that uses the colours from my original Pompey kit which was one of the most popular kits I ever did!! Until then....

27 comments:

Snowsmoon said...

OK, this project 365, how does it work...I think it sounds so cool. I get the photo per day, and scrap it but are there any other guideline...remember I just got a new camera...I need to start walk again, and using my camera may motive me to do so. WOW this is too cool. I love taking photos of nature and wild life and it is getting the time of year that we see alot of exotic birds that migrade to warmer climate.

Sorry to babble...it just so sounded kind of like a challenge to me, a awesome one at that.

I love the photo of the falls....Happy 2009! Hugs to you...

Franny said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the Top Cat Freebies List today!

She-Ra said...

I have been working on family albums (only 2 done so far) and I started the first one with a picture of our house with snow all over it. I decided that I liked that and wanted a picture of our house taken in the same time as the photos in the book. I found another house photo for the second book but not sure how successful I'll be for the rest... but now that I've decided I just have to remember to take a picture of my house every month or so so I'll have them when I finally get around to scrapping those pictures (I'm working on the 2007 family album and our summer 2008 road trip album).

Okay... way more than I really needed to say. How about the cliff notes version - Great idea about the seasonal pictures!!!

Thanks for the goodies!

Joelle said...

Thank you!! I love the new kit,it will be perfect for our beach vacation photos.

Pattycakes said...

Thanks for sharing the elements and alpha...you're so talented!! Have a Happy New Year!! :)

vettep said...

Happy New Year. Thank you for the alpha. I like the idea of the 356 project. Hope to see the pictures. Enjoy read your blog.

chicapooh said...

That is an amazing picture! I am excited about the picture everyday, and hope to be able to remember to take a new picture every day!

Sue said...

Thank you for another beautiful kit!

Jac said...

Fantastic alpha to finsih off a beautiful kit, thank you. project 365 sounds cool too I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR VICKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TY so very much for the FAB alpha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Simply Sarah said...

I love your pics.... I am going to do 365 also but I am jealous - you have beautiful things to see on your walks... I have yuck! I will have to try hard to find something good out there.

Thanks for the alpha and the last of the elements (I forgot to say that in my other post).

Tammy Dunlap said...

THANKS and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

La Scrapping Mad-ison said...

Taking a picture of the TV? Don't feel alone, we got the first major snowfall in over 115 years so I took a picture of the radar with a big white blob covering our city... it's still a favorite when I show off the pictures of our nearly half a foot of snow on the ground.

Have a great 2009!

TerriK said...

beautiful, beautiful kit. thank you so much for sharing your hard work.

lovetocraftbetty said...

Thank you for another neat alphabet!

Vana63 said...

Best Wishes in 2009 Vicki, Thanx for sharing your time and talent!!!

Jewel Goodwin said...

Thanks for the Alpha. I'm planning to do project 365 too - we'll see how far I get! LOL

Stacey said...

LOVE this alpha!!!

Digi Free said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 01 Jan [LA 09:03pm] - 02 Jan [NY 12:03am, UK 05:03am, OZ 04:03pm] ).

Cauleen said...

Sweet alpha! Thanks for sharing this one. Can't wait to use it. By the way, Happy New Year!

Marie-France said...

I love the whole kit! Great start for 2009...and happy new year by the way.

April said...

Hi Vicki, Thank you for the alpha. I love the color!!! I also love the idea of project 365. I'm not good at journaling either but this may
help me get better. Right now we are in a snow storm, with blowing cold blowing winds. I won't be going out to walk today! Maybe a picture from the front door or something . . .hahaha. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I just want to tell you THANK YOU so much for ALL your great freebies. I am very greatful even though I don't say it enough. Thank you again!
Stephany

Vicki (Chickivaney) said...

Thanks so much!

Keryn said...

Thankyou for sharing this present - I love the font and the colour which you have used.

Jan J said...

I thought the original Lily kit was lovely but this is even more lovely. Thanks so much for sharing this with us. Jan J

craftychic said...

Thank you for the alpha to this beautiful kit :)

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking....!

Designs