Pages

Sunday, 11 January 2009

New store kit, new CT member and a freebie!

Settle down with a cup of tea or coffee, this is going to be a long post - lots to show you! I have a new kit in my store called Winter Warmer - it's a mix of grungy textured papers, elements and an alpha all in rich deep colours. I think it could be used for Christmas photos too as you will see below, but it's not intended as a Christmas kit! This is what it looks like in all it's glory! I think it's quite different to my normal style, but Sara thought it was just my style!
Now for my CT - you know, I think they liked this kit - they sent me some amazing LOs and I really think they are going to blow you away. But first, I want to introduce my newest CT member - Cheryl! Cheryl is very active on the forum at Scrap N' Art and I have got to know her quite well. She does amazing LOs and posted about how she would love to be on a CT, but found that often it was difficult to get the positions as they went to well known scrappers. Well, let me tell you, I jumped at the chance to have her on my CT and when you see what she's done with this kit, you'll know why. Here is a bio from Cheryl so that you can know a little more about her:

I live amid the corn fields in a small rural town in Indiana, USA. I have three grown children, 2 sons (both in the military, Army and Navy) and one daughter. I have an adorable granddaughter who is the subject of most of my layouts, with another grandchild due in March. I worked in the Corporate world until I decided to return to college in my 30's to pursue my dream as a Wildlife Biologist. I've taught college classes, conducted research, and have been a part of reintroduction programs for Peregrine Falcons and Ospreys. My speciality is Ornithology and I currently conduct Breeding Bird Surveys for my State. I love everything to do with the outdoors. If I'm not hiking through woods and fields with binoculars in hand, I can be found tending my flowers. Birding, gardening, and scrapbooking are my passions. I've been a traditional scrapbooker since 2004 and started digital scrapbooking in 2008. I love knowing what I scrap today will be appreciated by family in future years.

I'm thrilled and honored to be a part of Vicki's DT. It is my hope, that I can inspire others as she as inspired me.

So, I'd like to say a big welcome to Cheryl and show you her wonderful LO and below that are the LOs of my other CTs which I know you are going to get so much inspiration from. All of their blinkies are on the right of my blog and as I've said before, there are a lot of freebies to be had if you visit them!!







Next, I will show you two LOs I've done with the kit. The first is hubby and me at Christmas and the second is a LO I did for a sketch challenge at Scrap.n.Art Journey (no, not Scrap N' Art ezine, just an amazing coincidence with the name!). If you get a chance, go visit Angie and have a shot at the challenge yourself!

And finally, if you've read this far, you deserve a freebie! I've put together a sampler kit for Winter Warmer which you can get for free in my store. It cordinates with the full kit and has additional items (ie, they're not included in the main kit). I hope you like it. When you're picking up the freebie, you'll notice that Winter Warmer is only $2.50! I'd love to see what you do with it!

18 comments:

Stefanie said...

Wow, this kit is amazing, as are the LO's of your entire CT! I'm definitely getting this kit!
Good choice, making Cheryl a member of your CT, her work is great! And she's lucky aswell, some people would kill to be a member of your CT... Hmm, where did I put my butcher's knife? LOL
See you @ scrap'n art!

Stacey said...

that kit is gorgeous!! I LOVE all the LO's!!!

Angie ~ Scrap'n'art said...

Great kit here Vicki! Adore the layouts that have been created with it too, well done Ladies!:):)

Thanks for entering my sketch challenge, I do hope it brings some girls across the ocean to your wonderful blog too hun!

Mwah & Hugs Angie xox

Linda Walton aka bobbysgirlforever said...

Good evenin' love and WELCOME home!!!

CONGRATULATIONS to Cheryl and WOW, uh, YEAH!!! She is an INCREDIBLY talented layout artist!!!

I SO adore the photo of Pompey trying hard to make his decision to stay or GO!!! LOL! TOO sweet!

*Warmer Winter* is HOT girl and shall surely take away the ANY "blues" one might be experiencing this time of the year!!! He, he ..

Lots of love and ONLY ten more days ........

XOXO.
Linda :)

Karen W said...

Warmer Winter and the freebie are amazing kits. I love the layouts that have been done with them.

Amanda said...

You are so sweet! Kit looks amazing!

CbhScrapbookFreebiesSearch said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Kit(s) post on Jan. 11, 2009. Please, notice that I've changed my url(and blinkie). Thanks again and Happy New Year.

Sara said...

Welcome Cheryl - and what a fantastic LO to start with! Vicki - this kit is GORGEOUS - defintiely one of my faves...

Digi Free said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 11 Jan [LA 01:21pm, NY 04:21pm, UK 09:21pm] - 12 Jan [OZ 08:21am]).

Debbi said...

love this kit! I saw you on digifree and had to bookmark you the other day. I've downloaded some of your kits from your other blog and they are fanastic to use! I'm new to all of this, but I try. I did a layout today with one of your kits, it's on my blog. Thanks so much for all the fun stuff!

Anonymous said...

Thank you from Louisiana

Sue said...

Thanks for the freebie! Love the papers! :)

Deatles said...

Ooooh I just went and bought this beautiful kit, and when I saw the sale for Winter Wonderland, ... well, who could resist???!!! This is a great kit, Vicki. Wonderful work. The layouts of your team members are really an inspiration!

Thank you too for sharing your photos. Pompey's photo is a charmer. You can almost see him trying to make up his mind.

Ajila said...

Vicki, I loved reading your news this morning. Your CT girls are amazing. Loved the layouts. Also enjoyed your pictures. Those socks rock...mwah. Your new kit is awesome. Thank you for the sampler and leaving you some love.

Michelle said...

Hey Vicki, there is an award for you on my blog at http://justforyoudigiscraps.blogspot.com

Katrina said...

What a beautiful kit. Thanks for the freebie

Franny said...

Come to post all your freebies at:

Picklebeans dot com / Forum

I hope you or your CT's will use the forum to post your freebies, it is really easy!

Hope to see you there:)

April said...

Thank you, this looks like a fun kit! You do such a great job.

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking....!

Designs