Pages

Saturday, 14 February 2009

Happy valentine's day!

I don't really go in big for valentine's day, but hubby and I always exchange cards and he cooks a meal for me. However, today, he has gone to football with the boys for the day - he won't be back until later this evening! Pompey, Lily and I have just been for a big walk by the river and they are now passed out on their beds! LOL! I have some free time and am going to make some cards for Kirsty's blog appeal. She is looking for handmade cards to send to the soldiers in Afghanistan so that they have some nice cards to send home to their wives and girlfriends. Great idea isn't it? Last night I made the card for hubby - a "manly" valentine's card - I think he liked it - a change from the usual hearts and fluffliness! I used Jillibean Soup papers, Cosmo Cricket chipboard letters and Tim Holtz distressing ink.

5 comments:

another_angel said...

Absolutely beautiful, Vicki! Very clever design, and what a fabulous cause.

Anonymous said...

Vicki,
I hope you can help me, I registered at Eidou a couple of days ago and am waiting anxiously for admin approval. I have some LOs to post in the gallery using your kits and some from Sweet Blossom Designs. I am finding myself getting addicted to your shop and the beautiful designs offered there. I would like to start doing the challenges offered, but need to get approved first. i would post this in the fourm, but of course, I can't post there yet. Thanks for your help.
chigirl

Vicki said...

Hey chigirl - I have sent an email to the store owner asking her to accept your registration. Sorry for the delay, I am sure she will fix it for you straight away, but she'll be in bed right now (New Zealand)!

Certified Scrapaholic said...

OOOOHHHH love the cards, you are very talented my friend.

Cheryl said...

Vicki the card is lovely! The chipboard letters are awesome, did you alter them or did they come like that?

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking....!

Designs