Pages

Sunday, 1 March 2009

The big announcement.... finally! And a freebie!


So, I have mentioned it a few times and now it is time to tell you what the big announcement is. If I am honest, it's the worst kept secret in Scrapland, but for those of you that don't know - grab a cup of tea and settle in for all the news! LOL!

A little while ago, Stacey (who you all know and love) said that she was thinking of starting her own store and asked if I wanted to be involved. I wasn't sure at first because I was already selling in a store and I had my California trip coming up, but when I got back from my trip, she talked me around! LOL!

The four of us, Stacey, Mel, Sara and I all put our heads together and decided that we wanted to have our own store so that we could sell our kits to our blog readers at reasonable prices - in effect, cutting out the middle man and passing the saving on to the customer! The name Scrap That Idea was born and we went on a whirlwind journey from there! Stacey is now our resident geek speak girl - she taught herself (with the help of her hubby) html, php and css in a couple of weeks and had the store up and running for us to launch today!

So, where can I find this new store? I am sure that's what you are thinking isn't it? LOL! Well, as I said, it is called Scrap That Idea - click the name to take you to the store, but not just yet - I must tell you some opening special offers.

First of all, we have a HUGE collab by all four of us - it has 32 papers, 63 elements and a full upper and lowercase alpha - it is yours for a mere $4! That's not all though, if you buy the kit, you will also receive a coupon in the download giving you 30% off your next purchase from the store valid until the 31st March. You could easily save the money you've spent on the collab with your purchases throughout March. This is what the kit looks like - I am sure you'll agree it's gorgeous! And below that are some LOs from my CT showcasing the kit - they are also completely gorgeous!


Don't stop reading yet, there's more! If you take yourself off to our homepage, you will see a place to register for our mailing list. If you do so before 15th March, you will receive a freebie QP album (8 12x12 pages) in our first newsletter which will go out on 15th March. I can tell you now, you won't want to miss that - the pages are gorgeous and were made by the four of us!

That's not all! There is also a freebie add-on to the kit from each of us. Today you will get mine and check the other girls blogs over the next few days for more. Click the image to download - you will notice that it will be a direct download - no 4shared ;o)! Well, I think that's enough info from me for now - except to say that there is a brand new kit in store from me which I will tell you more about tomorrow - you can see it there now though if you're impatient! Happy shopping!!

38 comments:

mel_h said...

whoooo hooooo!!!

weve done it vicki!! well done ! its awesome to work with you sara and stacey!

let the good times roll on!

much love,
mel xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

charlie said...

Congratulations lovely lady and good luck with this new big adventure..so glad to be part of the team on the ride of a lifetime!mwahhh
charlie

RoverGal said...

Congratulations on your new home! I love everything the four of you do, so this is a perfect group! I'm sure I'll be shopping there way too much! ;-) And, as always, thanks for the freebie!

Sara said...

Woohoo! We've made it at last! Congratulations - all your effort has finally come to fruition! I am so honoured to be a part of this group...

Christy said...

Great job! A wonderful team the 4 of you make, congratulations!

ltnbrn said...

Wow....how exciting--for everyone! I'm looking forward to this new store!

Ellay said...

SOOOO exciting! Your store looks great!! Thanks for the add-on!

txbubbles said...

Congratulations to all of ya'll! I'm so happy to be a part of this wonderful group!
Big hugs,
Vicki in Texas

Rhonda said...

Congratulations on your new endeavor! Your store looks beautiful. I wish you much success.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations - what fun being able to find you all in one place. I've already been window shopping - and spent money!!
kaffp

Janice W said...

Hi Vicki! Best of luck in your new endeavor. Thanks for helping me out last week too. I've left you an award on my blog! Best of luck to everyone in your group!
http://jwdigiscraps.blogspot.com

So~Inkin~Cute said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I must say, I knew this was coming! I just left a note for Stacey because I have been commenting on her blog that I knew what her "secret announcement" was going to be. I didn't say in my comment what I thought it was, because I didn't want to be the "spoiler"...

I thought she was going to announce that the two of you were opening a store. I didn't know Sara and Mel would be in on it too!!

The reason I suspected the two of you was because each of you had announced that your freebie kits would be retiring and wouldn't be available!!!

I am sooooooooooooooooooo excited for all of you! You ladies make one POWERHOUSE of a design team! I wish you so much success! I just know you all will have a fabulous store!

Warm regards and CONGRATS again!

Candi

Stacey said...

yay!!! We did it!!! Thanks you so much for joining me in this adventure!!! You are the best!!!! Mwah!!!!

Ajila said...

First off thank you for the absolutely beautiful kit from Scrapnart. I love the colors and them. They just make feel happy. The birds are singing here today! Also the store is a fabulous idea. My favorite designers in one place. I'm really jazzed about this. I promise when my husband gets working again (although I don't know when that will be). I will buy something. Thank you so much and leaving you some love.

Sue said...

Congratulations on the new store! Thanks for this cute freebie. :)

Anonymous said...

wow, that's so great!!! I love all of you guys,feel like your friends.
Also thanks for the scrap N Arts kit,love it!!
Porkchops_mom

Sue said...

Congratulations on your new store. It's great. Love the new freebie - thanks.

Diana said...

Thanks so much for this add-on kit....will be getting the collab kit from your NEW store. Congrats!

Jac said...

Fantastic! Congratulations and I wish the 4 of you much sucess with this venture. My fave 4 all together how awesome is that! x

KrisG said...

Wow! Congrats on the store! What a great venture and you couldn't have picked better people to join in. LOVE the collab (you bet I'll be there buyin' it as soon as hubby is asleep tonight, hehe). Thank you for the addon... soooo awesome. AND thank you for the great SNA kit too! Good luck with your store!!! Hugz

Laramie said...

Vicki: I am so excited about you all having a new store. This is great. You are all a bunch of talented ladies and I am always amazed by your kits. Thanks

Nancy said...

I´m so happy for you and the other girls, you make a perfect team. A new shop will be so eciting, I'm looking forward to this new store. Thanks for your freebies and for everything.

Michele said...

CONGRATS!!! This is wonderful news! You four are some of my favorite designers and to have you all working in one store is great!!! I have already signed up for the newsletter, don't want to miss out on any great happenings!

Pub Calls said...

How incredibly awesome Vicki. I am so proud of you and you all ROCK the house! Ok, heading over to the site now.

{Hugs}

Keryn said...

Thank you for this pressie. I'm off now to have a browse around the shop.

Jewel Goodwin said...

excellent news, I love all 4 of you so I can see a new favourite store in my future. Will you have a forum do you think? I hope so!

Digi Free said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 01 Mar [LA 07:00pm, NY 10:00pm] - 02 Mar [UK 03:00am, OZ 02:00pm] ).

Kel said...

A big conrgrats to the 4 of ya, the collab kit a so fresh and fun looking for spring, wish I had the funds to by it now, but keeping my fingers crossed the DH will be back at work soon and that my workload will increase some so I can have some fun $$ back.

TerriM said...

I'm so glad you all decided to do the store. I just popped over quickly and it looks great. Thanks for the QP, so now I need to go back to the store and buy the kit, LOL. How exciting you all are my FAVORITE designers too!! Yeehaw!! LOL, Hugs...xoxo!!

Angie ~ Scrap'n'art said...

WOW! Now that is very exciting news:) Congratulations on the new adventure with the lovely ladies, I cant wait to see your kits:)

Hugs Angie xoxo

Raych said...

Is that why I couldn't buy any of your kits this last week?? I was so frustrated! hehe! Congrats!

amber said...

Wow! Congratulations to ALL of you! That's SO exciting! I'll have to go check it out! ;)

Linda Walton aka bobbysgirlforever said...

WOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO girlie!!! Sorry to wait until you are asleep (you'd BETTER be! *wink*) to leave my CONGRATS her on your blog, although I did hit y'all up on FB!

I am SOOOO happy for y'all and really think we need to TOAST to this with a BIG glass of wine love!!! YEEE-HAW, OW, OW!!!

Wishing you LOVELY ladies OODLES of SUCCESS and I look forward to what you have in store for ALL of SCRAPLAND!

LOTS of LOVE and BIG, BIG HUGS,
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Love the add-on, looking forward to shopping in the new store!

Tink said...

Congratulations. I have already taken a look and see some things I'm drooling over. Thanks for the freebie.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for this freebie Vicki! I was confused and kept clicking the other frame freebie one, which looked like it would go to the store, lol! But that link is broken - I get a Google message saying the link is broken. Anyhoo - I am SO excited for you all, lol! I don't even know why really, but I am, haha! I registered in the store tonight. I saw Stacey's post about it, but hopefully I registered after the site dummies wiped everything out. I wish you all the best, BEST luck with the new store! GOSH I wish there were more than 24 hours in a day - I have always said there should be 48, haha! Really though... I want to learn to make LO's. I mean, I know it isn't terrifically hard, but gosh I have sooo many things to do as far as creating.... and I never get caught up. Something has to give... I have so much work I need to do, JUST in my PC and wow - there is just too much sometime's. I guess what my point is that I want to do this and that but there is never enough time, but someday I hope to be one of those who send in LO's, made with your kits. I KNOW I can do it... but for now I just make tags, and I am pretty inexperienced at that. Ok - I am talking too much and you are a busy bee! lol! I laughed when I read about your Lilli - MY Lili is bad too, rofl!! But she's a cat, haha! Too cute. xoxo
Laurali

lovetocraftbetty said...

Congratulations on your NEW STORE!!
Love all the layouts on your blog and the newest kits are awesome!
Thanks for sharing this lovely Add-On.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this lovely freebie:) DiginanLiz

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking....!

Designs