Pages

Thursday, 23 April 2009

Happy St George's Day!

This is to all of my readers in England - happy St George's Day! For those that don't know, St George is England's Patron Saint and we have a day (23rd April) which is our day to celebrate being English!

In celebration of this day, I have teamed up with Lou (LouCee Creations) to bring you a collaboration kit called George & The Dragon. Lou asked if I'd like to do it and I jumped at the chance - I am proudly English and we even live in the St George area of Bristol!! Lou drew George and the Dragon which you will find in the kit herself - I was super impressed as I can't draw at all. I would like you to know more about St George, but I know that Lou is telling his story, so I will let you read about it on her blog - I haven't seen it yet, but I am willing to bet she's a better storyteller than I am too ;).

So, to the kit itself - take a look at this bumper preview of all the parts! Gorgeous isn't it?

And here are a couple of LOs by my wonderful CT members Stacey and Kim and also one from me! Below these, you will see both the preview to my papers and to Lou's - click mine to download and click Lou's to go to her blog to read about St George! And be sure to leave her some love and also to her gorgeous pooch Lenny who has been poorly! MWAH to Lenny!

This is from Stacey - so cool!

And this little cutie is from Kim!

This one is mine!

These are Lou's papers - click to go to her blog.

And these are my papers - click to download. Check back tomorrow for the elements.

29 comments:

LouCeeCreations said...

Morning Vicki, Thank you for joining me on this one, you are fab to play with... your layouts are lovely.
Happy St Georges day to you xx
off to vets in a mo! will let you knoow how it goes later xx

Judy said...

Love this collab kit and Happy St George Day to you. Thankyou for the papers and see ya tomorrow for the elements. Enjoy your day!!!

Van said...

Fab collab kit, thanks for sharing! Happy St George's Day!

Jac said...

Woohoo, Happy St George's Day! Lovin' this collab, DD is off to a St George's day parade with Scouts on Sunday followed by some fun activities, unfortuneately no pic opportunity as we aren't going but we do have 2 'dragons' of our own so I just know this is going to come in sooo handy, thanks so much. x

Scrapping Mom of 5 said...

Thanks for the papers. I'll be out of town for the next 4 days so hopefully I can get the elements when I get back. Love the colors.

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited by this kit - it's so difficult to get anything 'English'. My Brownies did mimi plays about St George & the Dragon last night - I haven't laughed so hard in a long time!!! I'll collect the pieces later in the week but thank you! kaffp

SandyPie said...

Thank you as usual all is beautiful, can't wait to see the elements! Such a great idea for a kit. Thank you again.

Heidi said...

Hey thanks!!! This kit is awesome!! :c) Thanks so much for sharing with all of us!!

Esther said...

What a lovely idea and it's great to see people celebrating Saint Georges day as for a while it felt like you could celebrate anything except that here.

Brandy and April said...

These papers are really great!! thank you.

Confessions of a Modern June said...

thank so much!

eilajean said...

great colors - thank you so much for sharing - Happy St George's Day.

Bydelstorp said...

I love the wonderful texture of your papers. And the whole kit looks so cute. I love all of the layouts I have seen so far. It comes just in time since I have to make invitations for my daughter's birthday this weekend and she wants princess cards which are no problem, but she wants different cards for the boys which is extremely thoughtful of her, but difficult for me since I only have princess and no prince or knight kits. Thanks so much for sharing.
Hugs
Karen

CreativeBusyHands-Scrapbook Freebies Search said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Elements or Papers post on Apr. 23, 2009. Thanks again.

Stacey said...

this kit is so cute!! It was really fun to play with!!

Marif said...

Very cool and very cute! Awesome collab!
And happy St George's day to you!

Yvette said...

Wonderful colors and texture on the papers. Thank you.

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

MARVELOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!
TY so ever much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thescrappywife said...

Gorgeous kit! Thank you!

Michele said...

This is sooooo darling!!! It is a perfect kit for the Renaissance Festival!! Way cool! Thank you!

OziMum said...

Happy St George Day! Lou is an amazing drawer?!! Such talent!

grammy201 said...

This collab kit is going to be so much fun to play with! Thank you very much!

April said...

Thank you so much for the papers. I hope you had a great St George's Day. I was celebrating too since it is also my birthday! but I don't live in England.

Denise said...

Thank you.

Happy St. George's Day!

Digi Free said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 23 Apr [LA 07:00pm, NY 09:00pm] - 24 Apr [UK 02:00am, OZ 12:00pm] ).

Anonymous said...

Very cool! Love the kit and cannot WAIT to scrap by little boys in their knight stuff with this paper! HOW FUN!!!!
Thanks for sharing
Suzi

Tink said...

What an adorable kit. I love the colors. Thank you.

Itsjuls said...

Thanks so much for this cute kit!!!!

N.T. said...

This is a great boys kit! Does it matter that I don't know who St. George is? HAHA!

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking....!

Designs