Pages

Tuesday, 28 July 2009

Scrap N' Art - bye bye!

I wanted to let you all know that I have resigned from Scrap N' Art. I know that a few people contacted me and said that they only signed up because I was involved and I feel really bad about that, so I wanted to explain my reasons here.

I have worked with SNA for over a year now and I have given my all to them. I even paid to go to CHA in California myself to help raise the profile of SNA and to get more contributors on board. The magazine didn't make any money up until now and so I was happy to pay for my flight to California, my own hotel and CHA entry ticket - it was a great experience that I wouldn't have missed for the world. I don't think anyone could ever say I wasn't committed to the magazine. However, now I feel that the requirements of SNA, although not huge, are taking up too much of my time - time that I could be spending creating freebies for my wonderful blog readers and drumming up business for my own store which I have been pretty bad at doing so far - I don't think I am very good at advertising myself ;). My dream is to one day design full time, but to do that I must put in every effort to my own business through which I can earn some money, rather than a business which belongs to someone else for no monetary return. I do hope that doesn't make me seem selfish - it really is not my intention!

I hope those of you that signed up to SNA are not upset that I have resigned - you will still be getting fab digital freebies and the magazine, so plenty of return for your money. I still have some layouts in the September/ October issue, so watch out for those - I can't show them on my blog, so it will be nice to know that some of my blog readers are seeing them!

That's all for now folks - check back in a coupe of days for another freebie template!

17 comments:

The Redhead Riter said...

"To thine own self be true."
Wishing you a fantastic and
unbelievably incredible Tuesday!

Little Yancey Family said...

We all only have so much time. Sounds like your priorities are good ones. Besides, I love freebies. ;)

Marif said...

Not selfish at all, and totally understandable!
It will be sad not to see you around there, and I will REALLY miss the challenges, but there are lots of challenges at Scrap that Idea to make up for it!

I wish you the best with the store and hope you can be a full time designer some time soon!

Alyssa said...

Oh, I am sorry to hear that! you will be much missed! Love ya!

byondbzr said...

I'll miss you girl!! Best of luck!

Elaine said...

You are not selfish, at all. I love your designs & wish you the very best. Hugs, Elaine

LouCeeCreations said...

Well I don't think you are being selfish at all Vicki... you did a wonderful job promoting the magazine, but now you are selling, it is a big commitment to keep that going.. and of course the amount of freebies you always give away.. well I think that is a full time job on it's own lol!

Rose said...

You gotta do what's right for you! And I quit recieving their newsletter when they started charging for it anyways. Plus, I'd rather just follow you here and at Scrap that Idea!! Love your kits, and if you're only half invested right now, I can't wait to see what you can accomplish with no other distractions!! Good luck on your new direction :)

Stacey said...

WOOOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!! ;)

Denise said...

Life changes! You are not selfish...just look to the right of your blog to see all of your generosity. Follow your dream and design!

Lori said...

Hi Vicki,

None of your followers can believe that you're selfish when you're so generous! You absolutely made the right choice. Follow your dreams and take care of yourself first! We women tend to forget that we can be happy, too : )

Aloha,
Lori

Rubypat said...

It is good to see people following their dreams. Where will you be selling your kits from now? From this site, or will you have another store? I hope your wish to design full time comes true. Your kits are fantastic, and you have come a long way since you first started offering freebies.

Heidi Kelley said...

Muah, Love you girl.

Carole N. said...

I think you have made the right descision. I was one that contacted you, but I never did sign up for the newsletter after they started charging. I had ever intention to and it was just one of those things I put off doing...happening more and more with me. ROFLOL

I love Scrap That Idea and all the designers there and would rather concentrate my time there and with a couple of other designers I am loyal to.

I seldom buy kits as we have had so many medical expenses the last 4 years. I am going tomorrow to have an injection in my back. I have to be sedated for it and it's a 6 hour round trip. UGH! More fun and games.

Best of luck to you, Vicki, and I, too, hope your dreams come true. You so deserve it.

BIG HUGS!

michelle said...

I'm happy to get your stuff no matter where you are. Sad for SNA but happy you will have time to design more.

.charity. said...

Congrats on your new "view" on life. It's totally UNSELFISH. Never think otherwise. Cheers!

chrislet said...

I completely understand and you are not being selfish. Your business and yourself must come first. SNA must stand on it's own. You should congratulate yourself for the incredible job you did helping to get it going. Now watch it take wings and be glad!!

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking....!

Designs