Pages

Monday, 20 July 2009

Uptown girl!

I have a week off work this week! Woohoo for me!! I am feeling great today - it's amazing the good a break can do a person and it's still only Monday morning! I don't intend to spend much time on the computer this week at all - just plenty of shopping, lunching with friends and spending time with my Mum and the doggies!

I went with Pompey and Lily to the vet this morning for their yearly booster jabs and they were both well behaved - phew!! No more fits for Lily - the vet was pleased about that and said that we're right not to give her meds just yet. Pompey, bless him, stays so still while the vet looks at him, but he hates having his temperature taken so he sat on his bum the whole time looking suspiciously at the vet, but he didn't have to have it taken today - silly boy!

Well, today's schedule is housework (because I was too lazy to do it at the weekend, I didn't even get dressed yesterday), then shopping for a birthday pressie for my sister and some nice dinner for tonight as we have a friend of hubby's staying a couple of nights. I won't be here tomorrow night, so I thought I would make a nice dinner - they'll probably have takeaway curry tomorrow night if I know men on their own!! lol! Then tomorrow the dogs and I are off to my Mum's for a couple of nights for them to be spoiled and for me to go shopping with my Mum and see a couple of friends who live near her.

Back to today and I have collaborated again with the lovely Mel who I love working with both in the store and on collabs - I have always been convinced we were separated at birth (even though she is a couple of years younger than me)!! We are so similar and I had never met anyone else who hated rice before I met Mel - LOL!! I can't wait til we meet in real life - which may be next year for the Soccer World Cup as it's being held in South Africa and one of the stadiums is in Durban - it will be easy to convince hubby that we NEED to go!! LOL! Our collab kit this month is called 'Uptown Girl' - we have often made collab kits with boy colours, but this one is definitely one for the girls - more specifically, one for the girls on the town!! This is the second time we have done a kit that contained a cocktail glass, but we don't have a problem - HONEST!! lol!

Today, you will get the papers from each of us, but let me show you what the whole kit looks like - both my part and Mel's....


And now let me show you my layout - I have been really bad at scrapping with my own kits recently, but I am hoping that will change over the next month or so while I have a break from designing. This is me and my friend Jenny - you'll notice it's my avatar photo, but I've left Jenny in this time!! ;).

And here is what my creative team did with the kit - there are some fantastic layouts here - I love seeing girls out enjoying themselves!!






So, the papers finally - sorry, it's been a long post! Click the link below my papers preview to download and click Mel's preview to whisk you away to her blog to download hers. Don't forget to leave some love and check back tomorrow for the elements. TTFN.

22 comments:

Michelle Simone said...

Beautiful new kit. I love collabs, especially with you ScrapThatIdea girls :) Your dogs are adorable. I can just imagine Pompey looking at the vet all worried he'll have to take his temp. So funny! Have a great week!

mel_h said...

hehehe!!! love your post! roll on umbrella drinks! i have bought some already for us if you come next year. hey, we will put them in a glass of wine if we had to? lole!

love you lots missy! MWAH!

txbubbles said...

Love this fab kit, thanks to both of ya'll!

Trisha said...

Thank you for the papers Vicki - cute kit :-)

LouCeeCreations said...

Great looking kit vicki............ enjoy your week off work :)
hugs

Heidi said...

love love love this!!! thanks soooo much!!!

Scrapping Mom of 5 said...

Looks great thanks.

Rose said...

Thank you!!!

April said...

Fantastic kit! Thanks for this fun kit. Have a great week off.

Erin said...

this is a delightful kit. i love the happy bright colors. thanks!

Denise said...

Great kit, thank you. We are having a 'girls only' weekend at the beach this weekend. The kit will be perfect.

Enjoyed your post today...I missed your blogging. Have a good time at your mum's house.

Digi Free said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 20 Jul [LA 07:00pm, NY 09:00pm] - 21 Jul [UK 02:00am, OZ 12:00pm] ).

Scrappy Bug said...

THANK YOU!!! I Luuuurrrve Collabs! Lookin' good!

Keryn said...

Thank you so much Vicki. This kit is awesome, I just love the papers.

Have a wonderful time with your mum.

Jac said...

Totally gorgeous collab kit, TFS

Anastacia said...

beautiful colors, thank you!

CreativeBusyHands-Scrapbook Freebies Search said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Page 1 post on Jul. 21, 2009. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this lovely kit, as all ways your work is great.

scrappinrobyn said...

This kit is just to cute and I can't wait to use in my layouts. My gals and I just went out this past weekend and I have some great pics to use. Thanks much for sharing your talents!

Marif said...

Great papers, thanks!
Enjoy you well deserved break!

Vera said...

Good to hear you're in such high spirits :) Thank you for the beautiful collab kit!

Sasa said...

Sounds like you are going to have a fantastic week!!!

Loved to hear about the vet visit . . . my Murphy LOVES our vet - I think it is because the first time they met, Murphy walked up to him and "Meowed" and Dr Hamilton talked back! They "talked" back and forth for several minutes, and ever since then Murphy loves him!!!! It is so funny to watch Murphy get shots - he loves to play with the syringes (I'm diabetic and he has thought for years that the syringes are "sticks" that he should be able to play with). I just remind Dr H that Murphy wants to play with the syringe after he is done - so he caps it and gives it to him to play with. Such a great vet to let the animals be individuals!!!

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking....!

Designs