Pages

Monday, 10 August 2009

Camping trip...

So, my camping is over for another year! I think that's probably for the best if I'm honest!! lol! We had a fabulous time, but man was I tired afterwards!

The sun shone and made for perfect BBQ and camping weather - the setting is idyllic....

Hubby set up the tent straight away with a little help so that we didn't have to wrestle with it later after a couple of drinks and in the dark! It's the first time we've used it, and I have to say it was perfect size-wise for the four of us (Pompey and Lily take up the space of one person)...

We had a fantastic BBQ and my friend's Dad told us there was a crayfish pot the other side of the lake, so he and I decided to take the pedalo over to the other side to get them so that they could be cooked on the BBQ. Well, I am thinking that you are all wishing there was a camera at hand because when I put my foot on the pedalo to get on, it moved backwards and I ended up one foot on the jetty and the other on the boat until it moved too far and I fell in!!!! ROFL! Luckily, I bought a spare set of clothing!! No photos of it, but take a look at Lily on the pedalo having fun!!

We all settled down for the night, but naughty Pompey had raided the leftovers and eaten some bones and corn centres - unfortunately, that mean he spent the night throwing up - four times in the tent and the fifth time, outside. Nightmare. As a consequence, neither he nor I got very much sleep at all. Poor fella - it was his own fault, but I did feel sorry for him.

We were late home on Sunday because of the cleaning up that had to be done to all the dog bedding and the tent, and we were all exhausted, but happy! Pompey and Lily slept the whole rest of the day and all through the night - a job well done!!

Just a couple more photos so you can see the setting!! TTFN.



10 comments:

Jac said...

Looks and sounds idyllic, shame about a poorly Pompey! glad you enjoyed yourself though.x

Marif said...

Looks gorgeous there!
Glad you had a good time overall (despite Pompey being sick and your little "swim"...

makeyesup said...

Thanks for the monologue and the photo tour. It sure looks beautiful there and glad to hear the weather held out for you. Too bad you had to deal with a sick dog.

Sasa said...

The setting looks absolutely gorgeous! I was wondering how your trip went.

Poor Pompey - POOR MOMMA - having to clean up after the sick pup!

Lily looks like she definitely liked it on the water!

I'm glad everyone had a good time, even with the mis-haps!

Tammy Dunlap said...

Looks like a great place to camp!

Rose said...

Aren't you nice, I would have booted my dog out after the first in-tent barfing incident! Great pics! (I have a freebie on my blog that is part of the Summer Camp blog train if you're interested! Although I guess you can just create whatever you need to scrap your own pictures!) Looks like you had fun anyways, we RV it now, with our kids, waaaay easier!

Sylvia92 said...

Lovely place !... Looks like you had a great time there !.... except for the smelly night you had... but Yes, I would have loved to see some pics of you in the water !!!! LOL !!! (great that the camera was not in your hand at that moment !)

Ajila said...

Wow, what a wonderful trip you had. I love camping. Haven't been in years. But growing up in Oregon my family went camping every summer. Loved your pictures too. Thanks for sharing. LYSL! XXOO

Scrappy Bug said...

Looks fantastic!!!! Everytime we go camping it rains!!!

Doggie pukage... ewwwww!!!! Sympathies to everyone involved!!!

Denise said...

Looks like a great place to camp. I'm glad Pompey is okay. Sorry you had to deal with it. Too bad there was no camera for the unexpected dip! lol

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking....!

Designs