Pages

Tuesday, 4 August 2009

More Doodle Bug and a freebie QP

Well, I've not been very chatty the last few days because my Dad has been in hospital. He was taken in on Thursday night when he had 4 seizures in succession (he has had epilepsy for 20 years, but never 4 seizures in one night). He has been feeling poorly for a while now (several months) and it all seemed to come to a head. Remember the suspected mini stroke too? Well, he came out yesterday after staying a few days and seeing a neurologist. It appears that he has been taking a much too high dose of his meds (500mg rather than 300mg). He was initially put on the meds when he had his last seizure (a couple of years ago) and the dosage should have been reviewed and reduced once he was stable, but for whatever reason, it never was and he was basically overdosing all this time. It has caused him to have insomnia, cold shivers, shakes - all of which didn't appear to be connected to his epilepsy and so that is not what was investigated until the doctors in the hospital questioned the meds he bought in with him on Thursday! At least now, we may have light at the end of the tunnel - he feels slightly better with the reduced medication (they are reducing in 3 stages so that they can monitor him) and is sleeping better already - great for him, great for my Mum!! LOL! We're all fingers crossed that he is going to be much better now.

And I know some of you will be pleased to know that Lily has not had another seizure since the one I witnessed a couple of months ago, so looks like she definitely won't need those meds yet! woohoo!!

Back to scrapping, I am excited today to tell you that Cheryl has a new quick page for you using my Berry Sweet kit. We all love Cheryl's pages, don't we? LOL! Here it is - just beautiful! Click the image to head off to her blog to download and be sure to leave some love!

And back to Doodle Bug - today, you can get some elements from both me and Stacey. Click Stacey's preview to go to her blog and click mine to download part one of the elements. Check back tomorrow for more elements. TTFN.


24 comments:

Marif said...

Thanks for the elements! Glad to hear your Dad might be feeling better! It must have been scary... Western medicine is really a mixed blessing, it solves so much but it can be so toxic too... I hope he feels better soon!

makeyesup said...

Glad to hear that they are starting to help your Dad. It's so scary with medicines as we need them to help us; however, they also can do the opposite. Thanks for the doodle bugs. Take care of yourself too.

Michelle Simone said...

So glad to hear your dad is okay. I know it's really hard when we have to worry about our parents' health! I worry about my dad all the time because he works too much. Thank you for the elements!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your hard work, sorry to hear about your dad, hope he gets to feeling better soon. ---Kathy

amsangel said...

So glad to hear it's a bit of an "easy" fix for your Dad, hope he's top notch again soon! Thanks for the ellies, the bugs are too cute!

Debbie said...

I hope your Dad gets to feeling better. Thank you for the cute elements!

grammadiane said...

Toooo cute...Love this kit so far...the papers and elements are wonderful.....Mwah and Thanks Hon...

Anonymous said...

Hope your dad gets feeling better! My prayers will be with him and your family.

CreativeBusyHands-Scrapbook Freebies Search said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Kit(s) post on Aug. 04, 2009. Thanks again.

lovetocraftbetty said...

I hope everything goes well for your Dad - what a worry!

Thanks for this lovely set of elements.

Yvette said...

Sending your father feel better thoughts. Thank you for the wonderful elements.

Stacey said...

Oh Vicki I am so sorry to hear about your dad...I am glad he is feeling better, hopefully they got everything figured out this time!! ((Hugs)) mwah!

Sue said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. It's good the doctors figured out the problem and that he's doing better.

Thanks for the fun elements! :)

Trisha said...

Thank you Vicki :)

sdwrdt said...

thank you so much for sharing!

Michele said...

So glad to hear your dad is doing better. That is wonderful!

I LOVE this kit...that colorful ant is adorable!!! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear dad's on the mend...that's great news for you and your mom!!

Keeping you and your fam in my prayers tonight...

TerriM said...

Your poor dad, hope he gets well soon. Thanks for today's elements. Hugs -- xoxo! (terri - hawaii)

Digi Free said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 04 Aug [LA 07:00pm, NY 09:00pm] - 05 Aug [UK 02:00am, OZ 12:00pm] ).

Sylvia said...

I'm not normally a fan of bugs or spiders but yours are adorable! Thank you so much.

Sasa said...

Glad to hear your Dad is doing better! Here's praying he will continue to improve . . .

LY & GB

April said...

Wow, glad to hear that they are figuring out something for your Dad. It is so frustrating to have health issues like that. Thanks for the adorable bugs!!!

Devri said...

So glad your dad is ok, that is scary sorry! I love these last few one you have done, don't mind if I still use them for my biz, only free ones, no selling, I do my own for that! you rock little lady! And hey if you have a twitter account, I would love to make you a custom background.

LadyMauve said...

Thanks for creating & sharing the Doodle Bug kit. However, the Doodle Bug zip file is either in an invalid format or corrupted, unfortunately.

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking....!

Designs