Pages

Tuesday, 16 March 2010

Just stuff!


So, I haven't blogged just for blogging's sake for a while, so I thought I might say hello to you all! I've been busy, as always, but I am now on the countdown to a three month sabbatical from work in May, June and July - I can hardly wait!! I am planning so many things and nothing at the same time!! It's hard to explain, but I will cherish just doing nothing for a while - when I say nothing, I don't mean nothing of course! What I mean is a leisurely coffee with a friend, spending a whole day in my craft room, shopping in Ikea on a Monday afternoon rather than tackling the crowds on a Saturday afternoon, cooking for my hubby (well, maybe lol), walking the dogs when I feel like it for hours rather than a quick dash during my lunch hour, doing a major spring clean and clear out of our house, sitting in my garden with a good book and a cup of tea/wine depending on the time of day - the world is my oyster! I also have a couple of big things planned - we are going on a tour of the UK coast for 2-3 weeks with the dogs and, very excited about this, Sara is coming to visit from Australia with her hubby and two kids. I can't believe I finally get to meet her in real life and I'm really looking forward to it!! For now, I still have just over 6 weeks to wait and I am sure things will be hectic while I try to hand over to those who will be doing my job for me!

We are also embarking on our final part of house renovation (for now) - the oak flooring in our front room (the back room was done more than a year ago). When this is done, our house will be done, but hubby has a list of things he'd like to do again!! LOL! I'm not worried about those, just excited to have no more 'building' work going on! Did I tell you about our new fireplace? It's a reproduction victorian cast iron one and it's totally gorgeous and I love it to pieces!! lol!

Pompey and Lily are well - Lily is enjoying her agility and has taken to risky pursuits of late - take a look at her climbing the logs in our kids play area at the local park....

She is such a danger dog!! LOL! Pompey just stood at the bottom of them barking at her the whole time. He is so protective, but he totally told her off when she came down! They are so funny together - just like brother and sister!

Oh, and I did a paper scrapbook layout on Sunday - can you believe? At the weekend I will photograph it and show it to you - it was all my own design - no template, no scraplift! I was so proud of myself! That's all for now, but I am sure you are going to see a lot more blog entries like this when I'm on sabbatical and have more interesting things going on in my life!! TTFN.

6 comments:

Snowsmoon said...

Hi Miss Vicki, sounds like you have some things very exciting to look forward too and that is always exciting in itself. I am so jealous to even have two weeks would be exciting for me, but 3 months...I so hope you enjoy ever minute of do just WHAT Vicki wants to do when Vicki wants to do it. And meeting Sara and her family, you must be beside your self with happiness.

It was good to catch up with you, thank you for your JUST blogging stuff. Big HUGS and kisses from across the pond.

makeyesup said...

Sounds wonderful to have 3 whole months of doing what you want to do. Sounds like you have a lot of plans already. Enjoy, don't overdo with plans, be spontaneous too.

Scrapping Mom of 5 said...

Great to hear how everyone is doing.

Marif said...

Sounds really exciting!

Sylvia92 said...

Oh ! Vicki ... This is a great news ! ... You are so lucky to be able to take a long sabbatical break ! ... Hope you are have bought a note book to list all as a wish list so you can cross them each time it's done ! I think that every time you think of something during your countdown, you should do so ! LOL ! ... Will you have on your List " Take a drink in Paris" ? ... LOL !
Hope you will have also lovely ideas for your kits !!! Hugs !

Stacey said...

Ohhhh your sabbatical sounds heavenly! So funny that I just did a post about enjoying doing 'nothing' also! LOL
I am so jealous that you get to meet Sara though!!! You two will have so much fun! I look forward to having tonz of time to chat with you this summer!!! woo hoo!!

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking....!

Designs