Pages

Saturday, 5 June 2010

Soccer World Cup freebie!!


Unless you have been living in a cave (or in Colorado like Stacey!!), you have to have heard about the Soccer World Cup in South Africa starting on Friday 11th. And if you haven't signed up for our promotion at Scrap That Idea's forum, then you're missing out!!

As some of you will know, Mel is from South Africa and she is REALLY excited about her country hosting the tournament and so she should be - it's a fantastic event. And as you also know, I am from England - the original home of soccer (despite the fact that we haven't actually won the cup since 1966)! So, Mel and I decided to do a World Cup 2010 kit for you guys to collect as a freebie. I always love working with Mel - she was my very first collab partner way before we opened Scrap That Idea! The colours were taken from the South African flag and wonderfully, it contains the colours of most of the team flags that are involved! This is the flag so that you can see what we started with...

And this is the kit that we each came up with - Mel's is very South African themed which is fantastic and mine has a general feel about it for all you other nationalities :)

Today you can collect the papers from each of us - click Mel's preview to go to her blog to download and click mine to download direct from my blog. Check back tomorrow for the elements and Monday for the alpha. Please remember to leave some love if you snag it and let us know who you'll be supporting! GO ENGLAND!!


28 comments:

Laura said...

Wow! I'm normally not a primary color kind of person but these look great! Thank you!

LovelyMissKait said...

Thank you for sharing your kit - it is wonderful! Though I am not a soccer fan, my kids did play soccer over winter, which I still need to scrap, so this will be VERY useful.
Thank you and have a great weekend.

Cori said...

Thanks for the kit!! I plan on watching games with dear hubby - cheering for the USA and England

Laramie said...

Vicki, You are amazing. Thanks for the papers. This will be fun to scrap some sporty layouts with.

Jennifer said...

Wow! So perfect for my son's soccer pics (six seasons so far!). We cheer for USA and Netherlands (my dad's Dutch).

rags said...

Thanks so much for this - can't wait for the World Cup to start myself, I'm a footy fanatic. Gorgeous kit :)

Marif said...

Great collab, thanks! Go France!!

clubiani said...

thank you for sharing these awesome papers!!! Go Team!!

Katrina said...

Thanks so much. I will be cheering on New Zealand!

Cindy N. (aka nadci) said...

Thank you so much. I think I will cheer for every country, since my country is not part of the World Cup ;-))

Rachel said...

Thanks so much for sharing this. Hubby and I volunteer with a youth football club and this is perfect for the end of season pictures. I'd say I'm excited about the World Cup but with hubby being from Scotland, well.....(don't think I need to say more)

Carole N. said...

I'm with Stacey. I live in Kansas just west of Colorado. LOL

But, I love the papers and will find photos to use with them.

Thanks for sharing, Vicki.
Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. Go USA!

MoosieD said...

The vibe here in South Africa where the World Cup is being held is amazing! Thanks so much for sharing the papers. I will be back for the rest of the kit!

Meta Meulenbelt said...

Lovely kits and great idea girls! I live in the Netherlands, and I hope they do well, but I'm not much into soccer haha. But a lot of houses here are already dressed in orange (our countrie's colour) with flags etc. Lots of fun to see!

Van said...

Great collab kit - thanks for sharing!

Claireliz said...

You know what they say... if you can't beat 'em, join 'em! lol
Come On England!!!! (or should it be ING-ER-LAND)

makeyesup said...

Awesome kit, love soccer as my 9 yr old GD is very involved. Go USA, thanks for sharing this.

Christie said...

LOVE this! :) Thanks so much. I like how it's generic enough that I can use it for some 1994 World Cup pics I have, too.

Thanks again!

p.s. From USA, so hoping they'll do well, but live in Nigeria, so rooting for them, too, but I love Brazil's style. (And the girl in me loves Argentina's uniforms.) ;) :)

Anonymous said...

Greetings from SA here!! Many thanks for this great kit!!! Its awesome and I cant wait to use it!! Kind regards, Tanya

GreenfieldOriginal said...

What a wonderful kit. Like to play with it!

Sue said...

Thank you very much! :)

Stacey said...

hee hee hee niiiiiice girl! LOL Thanks for the laugh! I needed it today! :)

April said...

Thank you so much for the fun kit. Wow, fun Soccer kit. We are excited for it to start . . . Go England!!! We were in England that last 8 years ago when they were playing. Hope they do well!

Melissa said...

Thanks! I love this kit. Very bright and colorful.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kit. I don't watch soccer, but I love all the flags. However, if ya'll ever do a kit for NCAA football Division 1, I'm all over that! Thanks for making this for us.

karen and co. said...

So awesome! Thank you!

Blogger said...

BlueHost is ultimately one of the best web-hosting company for any hosting services you need.

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking....!

Designs