Pages

Saturday, 23 October 2010

Love Letters, a call for votes and a freebie!

This is going to be a big post, so settle in and please read to the end because you'll get a freebie if you do!! So, first up is my new kit for this week called Love Letters. There is a story behind this one - when I was 18, I had to leave my first love behind in Canada because we were moving back to England. For a few months, we wrote each other a couple of times a week and I used to always look forward to seeing those airmail envelopes come through the door - that was in the days before email - can you even imagine!! LOL! Then, when I met my hubby, he was in the Navy and we had to write each other too - again, the airmail envelopes that I waited for each day. I was having a root through my 'memories' box and found a bundle of them and the idea for the kit was born. This is what Love Letters looks like:


You can buy the kit for just $3 here this week. This is the layout that inspired the kit in the first place - a photo of some of my airmail letters I have in my memories box.


I have some layouts from my CTs too, but I will show you those tomorrow because I have some other eye candy to show you today.....

We are now heading into voting for round 2 of DSA Battle of the CTs. After being disqualified on a technicality from round 1, we are in desperate need of your votes so that we can catch up a bit!! LOL! Take a look at these layouts and you'll be convinced that we deserve your vote as well as need it!

The first is from Kim B - check out the credits here.


This beauty is from Sara using my kit for next week, so you get an exclusive sneak peek. Credits here:


This is from Marif - credits here:


And Kim H made this layout, credits here:


And last, but not least, this layout is from Laramie, credits here:


You can vote here - scroll down the page a bit to 'A Work in Progress', click the box and then hit vote at the bottom of the page - easy peasy!! Thank you!!

And if you have got this far, AND voted for us, you deserve a freebie! This week I have a cluster frame for you to match with Love Letters which you can download here. If you check out my weekly newsletter later, you'll get a template freebie too based on my layout with Love Letters. If you don't subscribe (why don't you?) you can get the link on my facebook page later. TTFN.

1 comments:

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Elements or Papers post on Oct. 23, 2010. Thanks again.

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking....!

Designs