Pages

Saturday, 27 November 2010

Remember to love yourself!

I am really guilty of not having photographs of myself. I am a shocker when someone has a camera - I hide behind things, run away or just plain put my hands in front of my face!! I truly hate photos of myself - I am not the most photogenic person in the world, despite the fact that I always have that huge grin on my face!! LOL! So a few weeks ago, when Kirsty took my photo and I looked pretty good (for me), I was over the moon because it meant I could update my avatar to a current photo. So, that got me thinking and I guess there are lots of others out there the same as me - we are the ones behind the camera, so we don't have many photos of ourselves and probably, there are only three or four that we actually like and would show anyone! That's when I figured, why not make a kit that celebrates us as women and helps us to scrap those very few photos that we like to preserve them for the future. So, I obviously had to have pink in the kit - hey, we're girls right? But I put some deep red and green in there too so that it's not too girly, girly! I also put in a little tag that says 'Scrapping Queen' - which we all are so that not only can we scrap ourselves, but we can scrap our hobby at the same time! Before we take a look at the kit called Love Yourself, this is the layout that I did with my new photo:


I'm really happy with the layout and won't mind people seeing it because I love the photo. I really do need to embrace photos of me and start learning to love myself on the outside too! So, this is what 'Love Yourself' looks like and it's only available at Plain Digital Wrapper (my guest store) for a limited time. It's just $3 today, but will be $4.50 tomorrow, so if you want this kit, you should jump on over there now to pick it up :)


And take a look at what my GORGEOUS CT have done with the kit - beautiful hey?


And I have a guest CT this week - you may know her from around scrapland, she has become a dear friend and we have chatted on the phone a couple of times - it feels like we've always known each other - Sylvia. She's in the photo in the layout and it's just beautiful - showing that you don't need the pink in your layout if you're not girly! Thanks Sylvia - your layout is fantastic and the photos are just perfect!


Finally, I have a freebie for you. It's a cluster frame that I made to help you kickstart your layout with the kit if you get it. Download it here and please leave a comment to let me know what you think! TTFN.

2 comments:

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 8 post on Nov. 27, 2010. Thanks again.

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [28 Nov 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking....!

Designs