Pages

Saturday, 23 April 2011

Happy St George's Day with a freebie!

Wow - things are really happening round here - everything at the same time it seems! Today is St George's Day in England - he is our patron saint and so it's a great day to celebrate being English! Also, as you know, it's Easter weekend, so we get to have a 4 day break from work and eat chocolate - YAY! Although, no chocolate for me because of my diet of course! LOL! I have lost another 1lb this week, which is a little disappointing as I really was good this week, but I know it's in the right direction and I have lost 10lbs in three weeks which is amazing and I really feel good about myself!

Then next Friday we have the royal wedding to look forward to - Prince William is marrying Kate Middleton and I am throwing a party for some friends so we can watch the wedding and then have a barbeque in this glorious sunshine we've been having and hopefully will still be having!! We have a four day weekend then too as Monday is May Day bank holiday! I can't believe it - two four day weekends in a row - what more could a girl ask?

With the great weather comes great walks and we have been out enjoying the sunshine this long weekend with the dogs of course. I thought I'd let you see Pompey and Lily having fun as some of you always ask about them. Check them out in the sunshine :)



On that same walk yesterday, I managed to get hubby to agree to be in a photo with me, but he wouldn't smile!! However, I love the photo and I don't care that he's not smiling :)


And I got a lovely photo of me and Pompey today taken by hubby - check this out - sweet huh?


So, back to today's business and in celebration of the fact that it's St George's Day and there's a Royal Wedding next weekend, I made a kit that is very patriotic! However, if you follow 7 Gypsies, you'll know that the union jack is bang on trend right now in the crafting world, so this isn't just for Brits - it's for everyone who is trendy! LOL! Check out the kit (it's a mini) in full - it's called 'A Royal Knees Up' and you can buy it for just $2 here including a free QP (below) to get you started:



Check out some of the layouts from my creative team. First up, Laramie created one using photos of the royal couple and don't they look a cute couple?


Then Kim B, Glenise and Gina all made layouts without a royal theme, but they look fantastic!




Thanks girls - you did a great job with the kit considering none of you are British :) As you've got this far in my mammoth post, I decided to make a small freebie for you too - check this out - it's a little royal flag cluster! I hope you like it - download it here and don't forget to leave some love. TTFN.

2 comments:

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 3 post on Apr. 23, 2011. Thanks again.

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 3 post on Apr. 23, 2011. Thanks again.

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking....!

Designs